nVidia GeForce4MX420 problem

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
Someone gave me a brand new GeForce420 64 Mb PCI card after he tried installing into his XP Home which refuse to install.So I tried on my PC running on XP Pro and had the same problem.Shifted the card to Win ME and still persist.Upon starting the comp,the monitor indicated 'conflict on node xx'....I tried installing the driver first then reinstal the card and still the same thing is written on the monitor...Any ideas ?? I've had nVidia 32Mb PCI before and now but never had this problem..it all went smoothly except this one...just black screen indicating some conflicts with 'node xx'
BIOS all updated.Need opinion...trying not to throw the card away even though its a free one.

If the motherboard has an onboard graphics card, in the bios you may have to change a setting called "boot to vga device" and change that setting to pci. Might work, but after all as hipster said, if it doesn't that's why it was free :)

Posted by Punkychan
Someone gave me a brand new GeForce420 64 Mb PCI card after he tried installing into his XP Home which refuse to install.So I tried on my PC running on XP Pro and had the same problem.Shifted the card to Win ME and still persist.Upon starting the comp,the monitor indicated 'conflict on node xx'....I tried installing the driver first then reinstal the card and still the same thing is written on the monitor...Any ideas ?? I've had nVidia 32Mb PCI before and now but never had this problem..it all went smoothly except this one...just black screen indicating some conflicts with 'node xx'
BIOS all updated.Need opinion...trying not to throw the card away even though its a free one.

you might also want to try moving the card around among the pci slots if you have not done so already... its a possibilty it might be an irq conflict... though that is not the message you are getting apparently... still not a bad idea to eliminate the possibility...

tried almost everything..."could be dead" was a good idea but the guy who gave it to me bought it brand new over an auction...but the price..hmmm..about 100USD ..could be dead actually, I think...but still like to try.Thanks for the replies

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back