nVidia GeForce FX 5600 problems

S

Silie

HI.
I recently buy a geforce fx 5600, and ater installed it i experienced some problem.
Installing driver provided with the graphic card, when try to open some 3d applications, monitor shut down and card has disabled.
Installing driver provided by nvidia (52.16), the applications opened, but with serious display problems i.e. unreadable text, items with strange colors, disturbed 3D effects, etc...

I tried to upgrade mainboard bios, but nothing changed. :(

My system is:
Athlon XP 2000+
MB K7S5A (29-02-2002 bios)
768 MB DDR RAM
20 GB HDD (system) + 120 GB HDD.

Someone could help?
Thanks.

The way I do this installs (works for me ok) is; go into control panel-addremove and remove nvidia there, restart. During the beginning of the boot-up tap f8 till you see the safemode menu go up to safemode, entered windows safemode find your saved nvidia driver setup, and install then restart.

The simple uninstall of the driver by install/uninstall programs is not enough for uninstall drivers 52.16?

I'll try to uninstall drivers, remove detonator with tool indicated, install detonatore driver 53.03.
Still doesn't work... problems become badder, instead.
I think I'll change video card... :(

Got an idea...
Could it be a conflict between video card drivers and monitor drivers?
Monitor Philips 109S4 19''
Thanks again :)

Doubt it's that. Check out the manufacturer's website and ask tech support there. May need to flash bios etc - very hard to troubleshoot these problems - could even be dying video card?

I already wrote to the manufacturer's support, but they didn't answer. I check their website, but didn't found upgrade of any type.
I'll try to use another videocard of same type but different manufacturer... hope that the other will work fine.

I know you may not like doing this, but do a clean reinstall. I read this was highly recommended by tweaktown if you are switching from ATI radeon's to nvidia or vice-a-versa.

I had already done many clean reinstall of video card drivers. I've never had ATI Radeon's videocard on this pc, so this could not be a problem.
The other choose I could try is a complete "format c:"... but it is not an option. I want to change video card, and not to "erase" the system :p

You have to do the opposite. To check if it's a hardware problem put the video card in another PC and see if it has the same problem. Or if you don't have another PC take it back to the store for testing. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back