NTL blocking P2P access?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Flatbeat_Eddy, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Hi, earlier this morning all P2P programs stopped working on my NTL 1mb connection, i thought this was my computer that was F**king up, so i phoned my m8 who is also on NTL 1mb and he said he also has lost all access to P2P programs.

Anybody else out there who is having this problem please reply!!:blink:

2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

No Ntl is not blocking my P2p programs (tested a few after reading your post)and all are working fine.

I also am on the NTL 1mb connection up in huddersfield,west yorkshire,so it must just be a regional problem....will check out ntlhell forums for any news.:confused:

Update:-Just been thru ntlhell.co.uk and the .com forums and no reports of port blocking or any p2p blocking in operation...could it be your p2p program?...and the ntl guy just going along with what you said?

3. SoRRY, my mistake, ZONE ALARM shut off all access to Internet because i was hacked!

eeep, im glad it was running, but it didnt inform me that it had disabled the internet until now.

Problem averted!

Hmm my m8 is still having this problem though? so im uncertain as to wether its a coincidence that i was hacked and my service was restored. :confused: :confused: