ntfs.sys error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sarbear9683, Mar 23, 2005.

1. sarbear9683

sarbear9683 OSNN One Post Wonder

ok, originally i had an error message saying windows couldn't load due to a corrupt ntoskrnl file...well I think I got that fixed, and now it comes up w/ a windows\system32\drivers\ ntfs.sys error, saying that file is missing or corrupted...well I found some threads online elsewhere w/ people having this problem and suggestions to fix it...well I get to the last step, which is to copy d:\i386\ntfs.sys . and then it says access denied. What can I do???

2. see if you could find anything from this search result, sorry it's 3 am im too tired to browser through them :D

3. Jozhik

Jozhik OSNN Addict

ya need a repair disk for that if you made one, and otherwise boot from the install CD and run repair from there...

it actually sounds like a problem I once came accross, had to use a repair disk and didn't have any... took me half a day to make that PC work again, with a repair-disk created on another system... tricky solution, wouldn't advise it unless as a last resort...

4. trainmaster77

trainmaster77 Moderator Political User Folding Team

you running sata drives>? if so youll need the drivers on a floppy disk when you repair your installation with the windows cd.

5. sarbear9683

sarbear9683 OSNN One Post Wonder

ummm yeah so i don't understand technical terms...i know nothing about computers...only discs i have are those that came w/ the computer...one being the reinstall or repair drivers disc...