ntfs.sys error

sarbear9683

OSNN Newbie
ok, originally i had an error message saying windows couldn't load due to a corrupt ntoskrnl file...well I think I got that fixed, and now it comes up w/ a windows\system32\drivers\ ntfs.sys error, saying that file is missing or corrupted...well I found some threads online elsewhere w/ people having this problem and suggestions to fix it...well I get to the last step, which is to copy d:\i386\ntfs.sys . and then it says access denied. What can I do???

see if you could find anything from this search result, sorry it's 3 am im too tired to browser through them :D

ya need a repair disk for that if you made one, and otherwise boot from the install CD and run repair from there...

it actually sounds like a problem I once came accross, had to use a repair disk and didn't have any... took me half a day to make that PC work again, with a repair-disk created on another system... tricky solution, wouldn't advise it unless as a last resort...

sarbear9683 said:
ok, originally i had an error message saying windows couldn't load due to a corrupt ntoskrnl file...well I think I got that fixed, and now it comes up w/ a windows\system32\drivers\ ntfs.sys error, saying that file is missing or corrupted...well I found some threads online elsewhere w/ people having this problem and suggestions to fix it...well I get to the last step, which is to copy d:\i386\ntfs.sys . and then it says access denied. What can I do???
you running sata drives>? if so youll need the drivers on a floppy disk when you repair your installation with the windows cd.

ummm yeah so i don't understand technical terms...i know nothing about computers...only discs i have are those that came w/ the computer...one being the reinstall or repair drivers disc...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back