ntfs is restricting me =(

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
ok heres the deal. I have this computer that i need to fix, the person who gave it to me has a windows password on to login. Her windows was damaged (blue screen). i did a windows xp repair but still the same. so my option is to format. but she doesnt want to lose her documents. so what i did is, i put her hard drive in another computer and deleted her windows dir. By doing this, i can reinstall windows again whilst still havint her documents and settings/my documents.

everything is installed but when i go on that folder, it says access denied. i know the password because she gave it to me. So basically the same thing that supposed to keep my files safe, is actually keeping me away from the same thing. talk about double edged sword.

my question is, is there a way go into the folder for i have the password? I was browsing through the computer and it says something about certificates and keys? does this mean i need a public key of somesort?

p.s. i dont know which forum to put this into, but i think it might just be in the windows forum but i chose to put it here cuz NTFS supose to be some sort of security thing. helllpp !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back