NTFS IRC Channel

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jonifen, Feb 21, 2003.

1. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

I know that the IRC channel is #ntfs on Efnet, but what about the people who play games that prefer to use Quakenet? Does NTFS have a channel on there?

The Q3 Promode community have a channel on Quakenet and also on EnterTheGame (#promode). Some guy has a pc running which has some sort of relay bot that links the two channels together, so if someone says something on ETG, people in QN can read it and vice versa.

Just wondering if someone came up with something like that, it might be more useful to many of the people who would go in the channel but for it being on a diff server to the one they usually frequent.

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

With some irc clients, you can be on more than one network at a time.

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

i know... just more hassle to be connected to 2 than 1, and im sure most ppl would just not bother :p

was jus a thought

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Nice idea. But for me, all the channels I'm in aren't related. As xisv said, most IRC clients allow you to go onto different networks at the same time. Currently I'm on 4 different networks in 8 - 10 channels.

5. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

A bunch of us that play Urban Terror for Q3 used to hang out on ETG, but due to them constantly being packeted a lot of clans moved to ProGamePlayer where it's been pretty stable. Our clan keep a relay bot in our channels for those that refuse to switch networks for various reasons. We needed a stable network so people could keep in touch on info for matches etc...

6. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

those relay bots are pretty cool i reckon... would be useful to have :)