Nt

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Brad, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

does anybody know of a backdoor to a windows nt 4.0 machine? i accidently locked myself out. that is the technical genius that i am. :-/

Brad

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

3. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

Format !!!!

:cool:

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

lol that 2

5. Brad

format isnt an option....my dad needs the files on the computer....and i cant figure out how to get to the dos prompt before windows starts. damn microsoft. stupid security.

Brad

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Boot Disk.

7. Twink

Twink Guest

but if the file system is ntfs you'll need a special boot disk. as normal ones can't read it.

8. open_source

open_source Guest

Find your self a copy of LinNT. It is a linux bootdisk that whrn you boot to it you can reset the admin password.

9. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

can you put either XP or Win 9x on another disk and try to access from there.
    You can get a NTFS driver for Win9x from SysInternals.
    did you create the Command Console, it is a XP DOS thing that lets you delete, move, create and not sure but run as well files on the XP NTFS disk. I am not sure how you can do this without XP Runnig already, but if you can get into XP with a DOS Disk and type the command line code to get it then do. The command line is written in the manual that comes with the disk. I cant remember what it is now. Can someone find out.
    It is done by using a switch and typing cmdcons, but I cant remember which EXE file you apply the switch to.

10. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

sorry thought you were talkin about XP, I am not sure but I think that the commmand console as also availible in NT as well, but not sure which service pack it was with, if any.

11. open_source

open_source Guest

This will not help. You have to know the admin password in order to use the recovery console.

12. Brad

hey guys thanks for all the help, but i am just going to install win xp over nt.

13. Bootable Linux disk...then rename admin password if i remember correctly:cool:

14. PS. what service pack? I know this hack will only work on certain sp's......can't remember which one though, sorry!

15. Brad

16. It does work! Just depends which service pack is on NT4.

17. Raven76

Raven76 Guest

It must be service pack 3 or earlier. SP4+ will not work.