Notebook/laptop deals!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by maybeline46, Apr 5, 2006.

1. maybeline46

maybeline46 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi...I bought a $1600 laptop from dell less than a year ago and earlier this month 2 guys broke into my home (while I was home...they didn't know anyone was home) and stole my laptop..they would have taken more, but I startled them and they ran out. I am very blessed that I wasn't hurt or worse (I'm a 25 yr old female and I don't think I could fight off 2 guys...one maybe), but I am still sad because I worked hard for that laptop and I can't afford to pay for another one full price less than a year later. Anyone know of any outstanding deals to look into?

Also, I will be getting lojack or something similar on the next laptop and u should too!

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I'm sorry to hear about your story Maybeline - very fortunate nothing else really happend when that event went down.

Best bet is to watch the Sunday papers, perhaps browse a few online bargain websites, or wait for Dell to have a bargain sale on some of their laptops. There are so many vendors these days there are sales rather frequently.

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Sorry to hear about the robbery :/

There should be some great deals at the end of this month from Dell because the quarter is ending.

Just do a Google for "Dell Coupons" and you'll find plenty :)

4. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

You did not have home or renters insurance?

5. maybeline46

maybeline46 OSNN One Post Wonder

Thanks for the info guys...as far as home or renters insurance...here's how that goes. I was visiting my mom, who just moved there in Jan. She is technically renting from her friend, so it's not really official. She doesn't have renters insurance. On the police report, I gave them my mom's name because I didn't know the arrangement wasn't official. Her friend is going to submit it, but there is a chance they won't go along with it.

ejn74 likes this.
  6. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

Hopefully that will work. I have been having a lot of fun with insurance in the last year. It has been "fun" to say the least.

7. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

8. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

9. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Use the 10 days of Dell Deals option to buy a good package.

Coupons for ridiculous amounts off :cool:

10. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

25% off ($999 or more)... received mine today.

11. Cosgrove

Cosgrove Guest

go to a best buy or something along those lines 0% financing for a year...

I'm a 25 year old guy, i dont break into houses...but you could still kick my ass...sorry about your laptop.