not talkin to gonaads anymore...

PseudoKiller said:
I love the movie The Wall ... great stuff. Dark Side does sync up with the Wizard of Oz btw... freaky.

Another interesting sync of Floyd's is "Echoes" and 2001: A Space Odyssey, but only the very last scene (with confrontation of age and the star child etc)... Kubrick asked Pink Floyd to do a major part of the soundtrack for the film, but they turned him down... 2001 came out (1968), was a success, and members of the band were quoted as saying "It was one of the biggest mistakes of our career" ... three years after the release of 2001, Meddle rolled out (1971)... interestingly enough, the last track (Echoes) and the last scene of 2001 are the same length of time... They sync just like Dark Side Of The Moon and Wizard of Oz, even more powerfully in some parts (granted its only about 23 minutes rather than a whole film, but still great)

/Nerd bows to the awesome forces of Pink Floyd and Stanley Kubrick

Yeah, they were really kickin themselves in the ass for that. Still some timeless music in them albums.

gonaads said:
Yeah, they were really kickin themselves in the ass for that. Still some timeless music in them albums.

Very very much so - I cry a little bit inside when I think about how long it took me to really start listening to them.

gonaads said:
One of the true ways to thoroughly enjoy and comprehend Pink Floyd and it's suttle nuances of lyrical melody and deep dark thought. :D
You forgot...you have to listen through quality headphones for the true experience.

xsivforce said:
You forgot...you have to listen through quality headphones for the true experience.
You have to be not a complete nutsack :p or a daft nutsack for that matter :cool:
Its like this 27 year old guy I know, He spent his entire time sience he was 15 tying to be Slash from Guns And Roses, he even plays guitar like the guy.
A couple of months ago he came up and said "You know, I was listening to Pink Floyd the other day, and its amazing, its like every note falls in place".
Good observation for a 27 year old :p

Bleh, I should go now before I get Linched.

PseudoKiller said:
AC/DC still are a great band. So are Rush and many others. At least AC/DC and Rush have never done a Pepsi commercial... not that they have the looks for it but even still its nice to see a few bands who write and play their own music and are true to their fans.

--

Attachments

• Rush Milkad.jpg
    Rush Milkad.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 80
o_87 said:
What's a good Pink Floyd album? As I've never listened to any of their songs before :p

oh and,

COLDPLAY OWNS ALL!!!!!!

*runs*

Animals and The Final Cut. Definitely need headphones for the Final Cut.

xsivforce said:

Sound proof room with 200 watt amp and Klipsch KSF 10.5 speakers at about 7...

sitting at 3/4 of the way from speakers (speakers set at one end of room on opposite sides on pedestals)...

500 watt down firing sub at back of room behind you :D

Or a good set of studio digital headphones :D

Well my digital studio headphones, Denon AH-D210 and my Sony Digital work pretty damn good :D

I like my Denon's the best.

Re:Rush

Just wanted to say to all the Rush fans in this thread...saw them last nite...two words...F'n Awesome! If you like Rush even just a little, go see the 30th Aniversary tour, you won't be dissapointed! Three hours of music from old to new, and a few cover tunes thrown in! What a show! My ears are still recovering! :p :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back