Not Digitally Signed??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bretenn, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

Hey guys,, it realli drive me crazy....... a windows default driver not digitally signed??

ok to make it simple.... all my driver that is windows default driver became "not digitally signed"..... and not only that, all windows default driver are missing.......... thats mean whenever i need to install erm.... e.g. a new cdrom.... i need to manually install the driver.... coz i cant find any driver in windows. It just said "unable to find any drivers"......... does it sound weird??? help.... plz reply asap.....!!!

2. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

So do u hav any new idea out of it??

3. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Windows should have all the drivers you need to get a cd rom installed, but software is a different story.

If you get an error message saying that driver is not digitally signed, just continue you'll be fine.

4. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i know...!!! but wat i want u guys to help is that how to get back all the windows default driver....

now if i wan to install a new cd-rom.... i need to go to that cdrom manufacturer to get the driver..... so it really make me crazy.....:mad:

5. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Go to control panel,system, hardwre device manager and rollback driver for the device you want.

6. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

But I would recommend:

Download latest manufactures XP compatible device drivers and use them.

Most reputable manufactures are completely XP compatible.

7. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

wat i realli want to know is how to get back all the windows xp default driver.....

8. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

You haven't deleted your driver.cab file have you ?

It should be in Windows\driver cache\i386

If you have just copy it to here from your xp cd.

9. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Format and reinstall windows.

10. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

every time i hear that it anoy's me. i've never had 2 do + c no real reason 2 do it. it's bst 2 try a repair install FIRST using your xp c.d.

11. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Well sorry it annoys you. But in my case, I have everything backed up on my other harddrive, and I could spend days troubleshooting it, or just format and be back online with a fresh/fast system with a clean registry in about an hour.

Just takes another hour or so to reinstall programs I use, but most of them are backed up on D drive.

And I have still yet to see "repair" actually work, Im sure it would solve some sort if issue, just none I ever had.

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i supose it's more of a personal thing, i only have 1 hardrive wid all my stuff on so it's not really an option 4 me.