Norton SystemWorks 2002

S

Scooby Doo

This is very strange. I have Norton SystemWorks 2002 on the computer, everything runs fine, no problems at all. I ran Windows Update and saw there were 6 critical updates that i needed so i downloaded and installed them, this wasn't a problem either. The problem's started when i installed the critical updates and re booted. Norton Anti Virus 2002 now takes forever and a day to enable itself when i boot up the computer ever since i installed the critical updates for xp. is this just happening to me or is it everybody it's happening to. any ideas on who i should contact about this problem, microsoft or symantec

i've tried re installing systemworks but it still does the same thing. it took me a while to figure out it was the critical up dates that was causing the problem. i even formatted the hard drive!!!

hiya, its a norton problem, check symantecs site and you will see there are multiple issues regarding the Norton suite dependant upon order of installation. You will need to download an uninstaller then reinstall in the correct sequence

you're right, it's "a timing conflict with norton antivirus and windows xp" apparently. i'm sat here now wondering why i decided to buy norton in the first place....... i should have bought mcafee :(

thanx for your help

I find On-Track Fix-It suite has a good virus checker easy update and the programme is fast and seems very stable

I had a similar problem but why buy one ,AVG provide a very good free one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back