Norton System Works 2002

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Temperal, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Temperal

Temperal Guest

Does anyone happen to know if there is way to identify the specific errors that Norton's One Button Checkup finds with regard to the registry. I contiune to have an ongoing 5 errors in my registry. OBC fixes them and then later... there they are again. I'm wanting to figure out what the specific errors are and see if I can just delete them from the registry if it is items that are no longer being used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Temperal :)

2. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Some of the things One Button Checkup does are duplicated in Windoctor. Or is it that everything is duplicated in Windoctor and OBC is just a quicky check?

Anyway - I am thinking that if you run Windoctor - it should give you the same results and there is a detail tab (button) for errors in Windoctor. Also WIndoctor gives you options for repairing erros that are found.

I am almost positive WIndoctor does the more through check of the two and will probably get you closer to the info you are seeking.

BTW - I read somewhere that NSW 2003's OBC has more options - what checks to run and also repair along the lines of Windoctor.

Hope this helps some.

3. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

4. Temperal

Temperal Guest

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the response. Unfortunately Windoctor does not find any errors at all when OBC does... go figure.

5. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Get NSW2003, much better !