norton internet security 2003

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by quechubin, Jan 17, 2003.

1. quechubin

quechubin Guest

i'm having some trouble with norton internet security 2003. seems like me and these norton products just don't get along. anyways, everytime i try to log on to ebay with passport and internet security on, it won't let me. it says the service is down. but once i turn off the internet security, i can log on with no problem. how can i fix this? i know the easy solution would to just turn it off everytime i visit the site, but when i turn it off, it logs me off of my messenger and then i have to log back into that, then the site and after i'm done, turn back on my internet security. and besides i don't want to be left open to any attacks while the firewall is down. can someone please help? thanks in advance.
  2. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Check you security level, you are probably running it in stealth mode . turn off the stealth mode and you will be able to get in..
  3. quechubin

quechubin Guest

sorry to be such a bother. but where is this stealth mode option located? i tried looking around for it but the closest thing i found was an option that said "stealth blocked ports" i unchecked the box and tried to log in but it still wouldn't let me in.