Norton Internet Security 2003

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Guybrush, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

Is anybody else using Version 2003, as I have found a vast improvement on Version 2002. It runs nicely in the background without all the slow downs and the hangups as previous versions have done.

Maybe I am imagining it but I would welcome other peoples views on this new version.

2. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

i just installed it and have nothing bad to say...

seems i get less attacks, due to the increased stealth mode for ports... or something like that... but i don't get the random trojan or back door attacks i used to... i like the new ui better too...

3. King Ratt

King Ratt Guest

Anyone know when NIS 2003 Pro comes out?

I've got SystemWorks 2003 Pro & NIS 2002 Pro. Just waiting for NIS 2003 Pro.

4. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I'm still on 2002 but reckon it has slowed down my PC.

Did you upgrade from 2002 or buy new? Coz I'd like to upgrade my 2002 version.

TTFN

Mubbers

:)

P.S. How's Yorkshire today?

5. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

Re: Re: Norton Internet Security 2003

A day late replying. I upgraded Norton 2002 -2003, ITS CHEAPER THAT WAY!!! No probs with it at all, it's a lot better than 2002

Yorkshire yesterday and today, about the same, dry, occaisional sun(yes I saw the sun today) and average temp :cool:

6. Mubbers

Thank's Guybrush,

I'll add to the thread when I've upgraded.

TTFN

Mubbers.

N.Sea is cold!

7. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

And Deep!

8. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Does anybody who is using the new 2003 version have it working on a LAN. I used Norton's 2002 firewall until I networked the two computers in my house. The firewall would prevent the computers from seeing each other even when I disabled it. If the new version would let my LAN function normally I would like to have the extra security.

9. Mubbers

I know someone who knows somthing about that - it might take some time as the're on vacation (3-4 days) but if you don't find an answer PM me.

Isn't it somthing to do with routers?

Mub's

10. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Yeah I am running thru a Linksys router and with the firewall installed the two computers could not even see each other. Disabling the firewall did not help either I had to uninstall it. I feel pretty safe with the NAT firewall of the router but it would be nice to keep control of programs phoning home as well.

11. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

I've just tried it

way too invasive like previous versions

not for me :(

:cool:

12. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

run the security assistant and within that there's the wizard for settin up home networks, it should recognize the ip addresses for each computer on the network, and allow them access to each other, you may have to manually enter the ip for the router...

13. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

I hav a intel wireless network, and i had to unintstall my norton firewall 2002, cos it blocked the other computer, does 2003 alow network communication?

thanx

14. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

they both do

you have to run the "home networking wizard" and it will detect the IP addresses of network cards, and other devices on your computer which are part of the network... once it has the IPs of the devices it knows that they are part of the network and will allow communication, i have two computers networked, (no router), and both 2002, and 2003 worked fine...