Norton AV 2002

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ignition, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Ignition

Ignition OSNN Junior Addict

When im installing Norton AV 2002 and going into the configuration wizard i get a ie script error that says:

Line: 316
    Char: 2
    Error: Unspecified error.
    URL: res://C:pROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\Cfgwiz.exe/CfgWizRoadmap.htm

I've tried everything they suggested on their support page, nothing works :(. Please, i really need some help here.

Thanks,

Martin

2. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Martin

Not trying to be smart or anything - but are you absolutely sure you removed all traces of the former NAV program??

There has been numerous problems caused by NAV not being totally removed in the past.

I am not totally sure if doing a system restore to a point prior to installing NAV 2002 would help any or not!

It sounds like you are pretty desperate - so the system restore might be worth a shot!

Anyone else think the System Restore is worth a shot????

3. Ignition

Ignition OSNN Junior Addict

I havent had norton a.v. installed before :(

4. BMWCHUBB

BMWCHUBB Guest

norton

:)All norton apps cause probs,with all systems in one way!!
    ;) Its now become bootable so it will cause all sorts of probs

if you have your cdrom drive enabled in the bios:mad:

Caused me no end of trouble!!. Got £ 100 worth of norton and carnt use it?:mad: If you have tweaked your sys in any way,
    certain apps will fail to load?WHY cos the certain funtion you are trying to change,has been done either manually,or through a 3rd party software!!!!So norton will keep out the way!!.

Tweakxp is the main culprit?NORTON dont like it!!!:cool:

5. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I was having the same problem, come to think of it, have u got your pagefile disabled because I have !