Norton 2002 closes without warning

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by steveklebs, Jul 26, 2002.

1. steveklebs

steveklebs Guest

Hey everyone,

I just installed Norton 2002 and when it scans, the program closes without warning. There are no error message and the task manager claims that the program is not running. This also happened when I was runing another free anti-virus software. Can someone please help me out and possibly tell me why these programs close on their own without any type of warning or notice?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. frothymilkshake

frothymilkshake OSNN Addict

I am no expert but here is what came to mind. Could be system settings...worst comes to worst if no help comes your way, format and start all over again. But then I suggest you wait for more people to answer you.

3. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i have had no problem's with nav 2002. as it's hapened b4 it sugest's it's a problem with your system + the best thing 2 do is a fresh install. when exactly does it close? is it when it scan's a certain folder?

4. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

I have heard (through the innocence of the internet) that there are certain viruses that themselves will hinder the ability for certain anti-virus programs to perform virus scans...

5. NightHawk_450

NightHawk_450 OSNN Addict

yes....Certain AV Killers....Just check your Windows folder for any misleading files (Ex. Windll.exe) If you know where to look and what to look for you should be able to get rid of the virus, if it is a virus at all :) Also make sure to check your windows system folder

6. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

that's what i was coming onto wid the file bit....