Norton 2001 and Windows XP !!!

1) ZAnwar - if in fact I did offend you, please accept my apology - that certainly was not my intent.

2) Kermit - you might want to look back at the first page of this thread and note at what point you decided to act like a jerk rather than simply point out my obvious mistake like the gentleman you no doubt are.

3) I never try to make people look stupid. Most times, it simply isn't necessary - wouldn't you agree?

Can I just butt in and clear a few things up? Okay, here goes.

1. There is a patch for NAV 2001.

2. You have to do a clean reinstall of NAV 2001 to use it.

3. We are talking about AntiVirus, not SystemWorks!

4. We are talking about NAV 2001, not NAV 2002!

5. I don't have to concern myself with this. I have 2002.

ModestCargo - :) right. I'm the one who fouled this up. I responded to the Post Subject rather than thoroughly reading the post itself - my fault. But I think your (completely valid) points were eventually made and agreed to. Still, after all the other stuff that's gone on here I guess it's good that you recapped. ;)

lol. just kill this thread already =)

Thanks Everybody !!!!!

Thanks everybody for helping me. ( I am 14 yrs old )

Thanks Kermit, for the Guide !

Kermit which file do you download ! ?

Updates
Filename: sevinst.exe
File Date: March 19, 2002
File Size: 389,120 bytes

Description: SYMEVENT shared files in a self-installing file. Automatically installs the SYMEVENT files in the correct locations. For use with Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP only. This is release 10.3.2.10 for 32-bit Windows operating systems. For Windows 3.1x, download the file SYMEVNT.EXE instead. For Windows NT 3.51, see the NT 3.5 subfolder for release 10.3.1.13.

For Windows NT 3.5x, download version 10.3.1.13 of sevinst.exe. For Windows 3.1x, download the file SYMEVNT.EXE instead.

Note: Symantec endeavors to provide our customers with software designed to run on all new Microsoft and Apple operating systems. Upon full retail release of these new operating systems, please visit www.symantec.com for information and announcements of new product availability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filename: SYMEVNT.EXE
File Date: February 23, 2000
File Size: 67,645 bytes

Description: SYMEVENT shared files in a self-extracting archive file. This is for manual installations of SYMEVNT files under Windows 3.1x. This is release 10.3.1.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filename: SYMEVNT.TXT
File Date: February 23, 2000
File Size: 6,341 bytes

Description: Text file explaining how to manually update SYMEVNT files for Win 3.x. Also included inside the file SYMEVNT.EXE

Updates - Alpha Computer Systems
Filename: SEVINST.EXE
File Date: September 20, 1999
File Size: 545,280 bytes

Description: SYMEVENT shared files in a self-installing file. Automatically installs the SYMEVENT files in the correct locations. For use with Alpha computer systems only. This is SYMEVENT release 10.2.14.5

When I try to install it. It says the product needs to be run in Win 95 or 98 ?

Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 98. If this doesn't work, bear in mind that I'm only 13, and I'm no genius.

I TRIED IT IN COMPATABILITY MODE> WIN2000,98,ME,95.

Nothing WORKS !

PLEASE KERMIT CAN YOU HELP ME !!!!!!!

Hi sorry took so long to get back here ........ the best way is too uninstall nortons all together and reboot ........ when you get back to desktop reinstall the nortons antivirus ....... then you should get a popup window from there follow the instructons it should take you to the web site...........

Description: SYMEVENT shared files in a self-installing file. Automatically installs the SYMEVENT files in the correct locations. For use with Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP only. This is release 10.3.2.10 for 32-bit Windows operating systems.

you answered your own question lol try that one

Kermit but when I try to install it, it don't happen. It says it only runs in 95 and 98. Tried compatability mode but to no avail !!!!!

that really sucks I guess its the cd that wont go , if you go to the main website you can download a trail version from the web that will installon your computer...how did your uncle install his? was it from the web? if you cant get the cd to install your stuck to change version or get a different AV ............ there is one on the web called AVG its free and works for cant tell you much about it I have not used it ,,,,,,,,,, sorry not much you can do else

Thanks Kermit. But now I went to the shop and bought NAV2002 !!!!!

Thanks Anyway !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back