Normal cpu usage on Windows XP Pro

Most likely, you have one process that's sucking up all your cpu time. I used to run Prime95 in the background and my cpu was always at 100%, but it never affected my performance that much. When i don't run it, I'm only at 2%, and that's with 30 some odd processes, iexplorer, norton 7.6, aim, and weatherbug running.

Scour your process list and see if something looks out of place.

Also, check your startup folder...maybe something opens on startup that you don't want to.

Final Solution

hey guys, seems that i failed to find what is causing all this mess o my win xp pro, so the final thing to do is to make a clean/fresh install of my Win XP Pro, and guess what? my cpu load came back to normal. phew~ , but during the installation , it says 2 things about the system

1. Install new Windows XP
2. Repairing Windows XP (Damage)

Does the system knows that my winxp is damaged or corrupted?

No. It's telling you that it detects an existing copy of XP and your options are to install fresh, or repair the existing copy. It labels it damaged because if you select the "repair" option you must be trying to fix something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back