Non Accessible HD in WIndows

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TechInTraining, Sep 10, 2002.

1. I have 2 Hds on my computer a C drive 20 gigs which has windows and a D Drive that is 40 and has all my stuff. Well I reformatted my computer and now my d shows up in device mangaer all fine and all but it doesn't show up in My Computer. Anyone know why. I ran the diagnostics from a disk and it reported no errors. I have it formatted with NTFS and its never done this before. If anyone knows how to fix this tell me cuase I really don't want to lose all the things i have on the drive. And yes I do back up monthly I have been on vacation so I haven't had the time to now.

2. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

isnt it because fat32 cant read ntfs? im assuming your c(20gb) drive is still fat32?

3. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

I had the same problem with my 20 gig maxtor as a slave drive...

All i did was install Partition Magic Pro 7 and work on it that way. I made sure the drive was setup properly, then partition magic did the rest.

Now I can see my 2nd HD :p

4. Thank for the help no it was NTFS both but I figured out the prob. Apparently using Roxio GO back on both drives when I reformatted them THe program stayed active in the 40 and didn't let me use. I accidently found this out when I let the 40 boot as master. ANd I disabled the program and I have it working again.

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is that the roxio take two program you are talking about? If so they have withdraw support for it. It must be full of bugs. :eek:

6. No I mean the Go Back Program from Roxio. It completely restores your computer to an earlier time like System Restore.