Nokia N95

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by LordOfLA, Jul 28, 2007.

1. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

If all goes well T-Mobile will be sending me a Nokia N95 to arrive on Tuesday.

Anyone have experience with this phone at all? The previews and videos I've seen make it out to be pretty awesome :)

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've played with one. It's a sweet device. 3G + GPS = teh awesomeness. :)

My previous phone that I sold off last year was also a S60-based Nokia. The OS (which was already very good for its time) has come a long way since then, both in terms of overall fit-and-finish and the quality of apps.

Plus, Nokia was smart enough to license EAS from Microsoft, so you can get OTA push-email and calendar + contacts synchronization with an Exchange account, just like WM5/6 devices.

What are you upgrading from?

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Upgrading Sony Ericsson W800i

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Cool. I think you'll enjoy the jump to the smartphone world. :)

I wonder what happened to Sony Ericsson here in the U.S. I can't even recall seeing anybody with one recently. I remember their T610 was a big hit here a few years ago - every third person had one. Now T-Mobile doesn't sell any SEs, and AT&T only has one.

5. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

All I need now is an exchange server to take advantage of push :p

Anyone got a license going free? :p

6. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Phone came today :)

Already got the battery down to 50% charge :p

I was playing with the camera and the phones flickr integration. End result: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10825268@N04/

In the 5 hours I've been playing with the phone I can recommend it to anyone in the market for a new smartphone :)

7. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

N95 is a great phone, i currently have a N93 which is very similar and i love it :D

8. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

And what about the Nokia N95 8Gb ? I should receive it in a few days, the screen is bigger and no need for a memory card anymore.
    It will be great with my new mobile account* : 2 call hours per month, and unlimited sms/mms/surf (http/https), with free Google Maps and Nokia Maps.

I bought it to replace my one-year-old Samsung Z560v because of its now too small a screen and no wi-fi.

*(I don't have the right word; remember, me from FroggyLand)

tdinc likes this.
  9. omegaradium

omegaradium OSNN One Post Wonder

T-Mobile in your country has N-95s?!? Awesome, Im jealous!
    The US T-Mobile has the HTC Juno/ TMobile Shadow, and thats as close to N-95 status as I can get through them...without spending a fortune for an unlocked N-95.