No video in WinMediaPlayer 9

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by blzndog, Aug 7, 2003.

1. blzndog

blzndog Guest

A few days ago I updated an old machine to WMP 9 and now there is audio but no video at all it is just a black screen and the seek bar is moving acroos but nothing there. I don't think this would have anything to do with upgrading winDVD ...or would it?
    -blaze

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

It could just be that you don't have the latest codecs installed. Try installing the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack (basic or full, it doesn't matter) and see what happens.

3. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Yeah you need Codecs anyway! Wait what OS are you using?

4. blzndog

blzndog Guest

I'm running XP! Would it make a difference on the codec considering there was the previous media player installed before updating to 9 and all the files worked before updating?
    OK I installed the k-lite basic and it still is black w/audio and no video. It is weird it's like it is playing with the scroll bar going across, but all there is, is sound!
    -blaze

5. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Because you can't play DVD's in WMP9 on 2000/ME/98. That feature is exclusive only to Windows XP users (Just wanted to lay that out for all those computer users out there using an older verison of Windows and have a DVD drive)

6. blzndog

blzndog Guest

ok your right there I just updated my post above about that I loaded the codec and no go!!

7. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

What color depth are you using?

8. SmkyB

SmkyB Guest

Hold up, I'm a complete idiot, I am using this machine that is XP, but the machine that I loaded the WMP 9 was win2k!
    My bad man!

-blaze

I'm on smky's machine

9. blzndog

blzndog Guest

Hold up, I'm a complete idiot, I am using this machine that is XP, but the machine that I loaded the WMP 9 was win2k!
    My bad man!

It still isn't working!!!!!!!

-blaze