Confirmed: No software help sub-forum?

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by ray_gillespie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a particular type of software. I went to the forum to add a new post, but I could not find the particular sub-forum for general software requests/problems, all I could find is Windows Desktop OS troubleshooting and Windows Server troubleshooting.

Do you think it would be a good idea to either change these to general Windows Desktop/Server software discussion (i.e. not specific to problems with the OS) or even have a sub-forum for Windows Applications (and possible Mac Applications, though I don't know if there are enough of those to warrant a whole section :lick:) ?

2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

if its a windows app they all go in the windows thread - think they were all merged, typical management thinking slipstream = more productive :p plus mods coulndt handle the amount of threads :D

/me hides

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Windows Desktop for desktop apps, server for server apps. Not rocket science :D

4. Dark Atheist

ah!! a stalker, sorry mod :p

(in the style of monty python) run away!!!! run away!!!!

5. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Yeah but look at the description:

"This section is for discussion and trouble shooting of Windows desktop (home & work) Operating Systems from Windows 95 to WindowsXP."

You and I know what the crack is, but many newcomers to the forum may not. Perhaps something like:

"This section is for discussion and troubleshooting of Windows software (Windows 95 to XP)"

In fact, whatever happened to Vista?

6. Dark Atheist

i have posted about that in the relevant forum, seems everyone there overlooked it as well, i even offered cookies to the first person that spotted it ;), just give an admin a pm asking them if they can add vista to the description of the windows thread :)

7. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

No.. wasn't overlooked. I posted the same question in the moderator forum.. as well as the clarify the windows desktop includes applications and not just the OS.

8. Dark Atheist

i posted it in the employes bit on the 21st dec - think or was it the 27th :p

9. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Oh look, its the guy from scene 26

10. Dark Atheist