No properties - Right Click - on some DeskTop icons

amic

OSNN Junior Addict
All of a sudden i get the following WIERD PROBLEM :
When right clicking on some icons I dont get "PROPERTIES etc ."
all icons on the desktop disappear & only the wall paper is there.
I have to use ALT+ CTRL+DEL & THERE :
iether log off - in which case the desktop is restored
or resteart the pc
I'm the only user & have Administrator's priveledge

the above started after disabling & enabling logging with the
WELCOME SCREN

=

Have you been playing around with StyleXP or something like that? Or did it 'just happen'? In both cases, make sure your computer has the ability to start from a CD-ROM. If so, restart your computer with the Windows XP CD-ROM in the drive. When it comes to the setup screen, it detects that there is an active Windows partition and it give you the option to repair, choose it. When you are in the command-console (DOS like screen) give this command: 'sfc /scannow' (without the quotes). It now checks all the protected system files and if there is a damaged or missing file, it replaces it with the one on the CD. This could take a while, so sit back and relax. When it is done, restart your computer again by giving the command: 'exit', but remove the CD-ROM first. Let your computer start and (if it all goes well) tada, there is your desktop again. Some icons may be removed though, so you have to place them back.

Glaaniboy ,

I've followed the above guide BUT !!! PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED

any other remidies / fixs / info ??

Sorry for the late reply.
Hmm.... This is a real cracker. Try right-clicking on your desktop (at any place you want) choose 'Arrange icons by' -> place a tick at 'Show Desktop Icons'. If there is already a tick, don't do anything.
I really don't know what could cause the problem. Are you sure you haven't played with StyleXP or any other theme-replacing program? In that case try installing the program again and uninstall it then. Maybe that helps, if not: sorry dude, but format C: and begin all over again.... Or someone else must have a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back