no emulation found

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Loco Kano, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Loco Kano

Loco Kano OSNN One Post Wonder

Ok here’s the deal, I am trying to install an OS but when I go to boot from CD, I get a “no emulation found”. I have tried three different OS’s and I get the same error so I know it isn’t the CD’s. The funny thing is, it has happened to me once before on a different system but I don’t remember how I fixed it. I have done all the basic stuff like setting up BIOS for CD boot first, ext. I know it is a hardware thing I just cant remember what.

Thanks in advance guys….

Specs incase you need them

Asus A7V8X-X

AMD XP 2200

2x512 Crucial 2700

2x Maxtor 80GB@7200

ATI 9700NP

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What operating systems are you trying ti install?

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

may need a boot floppy if its an old rig

4. Loco Kano

Loco Kano OSNN One Post Wonder

I tried with XP Pro, 2003, and Redhat 9.0. I know all discs work fine I have used them countless times. As for the rig, My A7N8X-D died on me so I had to replace it with a cheapy because I plan to upgrade to AMD64 in the near future(specs on first post). After I put the new MB in I am getting a lot of OS error's (as expected) but I am needing to throw a fresh image of XP on it. Like I said, I am almost certain it's a hardware setting somewhere because it has happened to me in the past, I just dont remember how I fixed it. Is it just me, or does it seem the more of a Geek we become the more we forget? lol

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Are the drives master/slave set? Maybe get rid of the floppy all together for now till you get it up & running.