no emulation found

Loco Kano

OSNN Newbie
Ok here’s the deal, I am trying to install an OS but when I go to boot from CD, I get a “no emulation found”. I have tried three different OS’s and I get the same error so I know it isn’t the CD’s. The funny thing is, it has happened to me once before on a different system but I don’t remember how I fixed it. I have done all the basic stuff like setting up BIOS for CD boot first, ext. I know it is a hardware thing I just cant remember what.

Thanks in advance guys….

Specs incase you need them

Asus A7V8X-X

AMD XP 2200

2x512 Crucial 2700

2x Maxtor 80GB@7200

ATI 9700NP

I tried with XP Pro, 2003, and Redhat 9.0. I know all discs work fine I have used them countless times. As for the rig, My A7N8X-D died on me so I had to replace it with a cheapy because I plan to upgrade to AMD64 in the near future(specs on first post). After I put the new MB in I am getting a lot of OS error's (as expected) but I am needing to throw a fresh image of XP on it. Like I said, I am almost certain it's a hardware setting somewhere because it has happened to me in the past, I just dont remember how I fixed it. Is it just me, or does it seem the more of a Geek we become the more we forget? lol

Are the drives master/slave set? Maybe get rid of the floppy all together for now till you get it up & running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back