No administrator? Access to files locked.

yes and no x man I went to where you lead me in a round about fashion. Started there took a right turn and found out that the owner didnt activate windows within the thirty day limit. I'm now waiting for go ahead from owner to verify product key info if they cant produce that ill back up and punt the ball. 8) I located the one that shows in help and support, tools, system info. now i need there match. I know they had s/n's and put those down in there installation xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx or the pid xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx wouldnt be where it is right? And if so i'll be happy to finish with what i started. If anyone sees any holes in my theory let me know. That is the story so far. waiting impatiently for phone call, thanks, frogg_mann

X-Istence said:
I would contact the customer, tell em that the computer is broken beyond repair (My uncle, certified in pretty much all the microsoft certs), says that once Administrator is gone, there is no way but a reinstall to bring everything back.
Not sure this is true as it seems to me you could use XP Pro CD and just do a repair as a repair is just a reinstall anyway without losing the applications. May need CD key before repair but there are many CD key finders.

Repair install will screw up the registry as well. It will not be a pretty sight, random drivers won't work, hangs, crashes, programs that don't have settings saved, and other stuff.

It is up to Frogman.

hmmm will ponder while i wait for key,, that's enough calling customer to get the ball rollin cha ching prices went up a notch. I'll be back at you soon thanks guys. frogg

Update on this post, It seems the customer doesnt care about his computer this thread is officially dead.
frogg_mann

Retracting dead post,,,,,,post. Answer to mystery: MSBlaster. I don't know how i missed it in the tk mgr. gggggeees maaneez creeeekits. But i did. There are still some areas of question but that freed it up. Still no reply from customer, oh well i guess I aquired a back up or ill sell the damn thing for labor, I already have a better machine for my bk up. thanks 8) frogg

Frogg I dont know how in the hell the Administrator account has been deleted.
The only way I can think of is with the computer management MMC.
Check in there for full account listings.
I read on google that you should hit F8 and choose last known good config at startup. This *may* restore it.
Remember if you have the windows xp welcome screen on bootup if you hit ctrl+alt+del twice it should show you the old logon screen.

geez long thread, at normal boot up screen. tap ctrl alt del twice and it will bring up a window, type in admin, and hit enter, pertaining they dont have a password, i actually dont know to many companies that actually protect the account.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back