*nix distro companies defying GPL?

You guys are missing the point. The hilarious point...

The people who pay for Mandrake or Redhat get it first. i.e. They are beta testers.

Think about it. I need to go lay down now, my side hurts from laughing so hard.

I think its funny that people pay for the worst linux distros out there, RH, MDK, and Lindows.

Sco....

falcone said:
lol that case is a classic man... they really got the balls to like, go against the entier *nix community? surprised no one has counter-sued them or something hmm...

on the lindows.com thingy, then aren't they supposed to release their base system? juz some thoughts...

Novell is suing SCO for saying they own *nix, evidently Novell has some dusty old copyrights(copywrite ?) sitting around somewhere. think I found mention on ZDNet

I honestly don't see any reason for buying a *nix distro at all... for me, half the attraction was the fact that it is free (or the idea of it being free, more specifically, if that makes sense)

they can throw in all types of goofy support extras and stuff for the paid-for versions, but I would almost garuntee you would get better support for the problems that come up from a *nix/distro specific forum than any tele-support line with unhappy tech reps anyway.

Ded Morozh said:
Novell is suing SCO for saying they own *nix, evidently Novell has some dusty old copyrights(copywrite ?) sitting around somewhere. think I found mention on ZDNet

Not trying to bash you or anything, but have you been living in a closet? This is nothing new. head over to Groklaw [groklaw.net] and read up.

Darl McBride is just trying to make some money; SCO will never win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back