NIS 2002 vs Zone Alarm pro

N

nick1gbr

Which one do i use i have both running at the moment because a hacker go into my pc through NIS 2002, a friend gave me zone alarm pro and said it was better... any thoughts on this?????????

I am very confused now, so help would be appreciated...

--Nick--

I have Norton Internet Security 2002, and have been very pleased with it. No problems at all.

I agree with xsivforce, NIS 2002 Pro is absolutely awesome. It is very easy to use and very easy to setup. No complaints from me.

wow, like one website is proof enough.

I wasn't talking about website, I was talking about tests testshield and leaktest; howevere I know what I am talking about: Norton is the most overrated software in the world (including anti virus and firewall). I am not in the busines seling your anything I just giving your my proffesional opinion. Howevere, I am using Agnistum Post and KAV.

you should go here and test them yourself:
http://www.pcflank.com/
It's always a matter of preference. I use Zone Alarm Pro and I am happy. I have read countless articales and posts about all kinds of different software firewalls, there are always pros n cons. Everyone has a favorite. It's funny though that a leading network hardware manufacturer (Linksys, on their website) is advertising it with their router/gateways as an excellent addition the their hardware. But that's me. I am only one opinion. You are the one how has to deside.

Well for someone with phobia to grc.com go to http://www.pcflank.com One more fact, grcsucks.com doesn't contribute any healthy idea to the topic, what it does is working together with Brady & Associates LLC, company well known by the amount of lawsuites against them. Howevere, Qumahlin if you are using AOL IM, I have made my opinion about you. Much Respect ~WebDome~

Children, children, play well together. Qumahlin gave me the same line when I mentioned GRC once. I took it as his opinion, no more. I read, I research, and I come to my own educated thoughs and opinion on the subject. Like I said before and to Qumahlin, it's an opinion. But we're here to help nick1gbr, keep the bashing to the chat rooms or PM each other till your blue in the face. So cut the crap :D pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Hey,
I'm not suggesting any software is better than the next one, but, in this news article:
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176213.html
There seems to be a new stealth attack technique for bypassing personal firewalls. It said the stealth technique was able to bypass Kerio Personal Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Security 2002, Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, and Tiny Personal Firewall (previous versions), but not Tiny Personal Firewall version 3 and ZoneAlarm.

Read the article for yourself and see what you think. :cool:

Buy a hardware firewall. =)

:D
Hahaha, not a bad idea MadMatt....
Speaking for myself, I just wish I had the cash... :p

Originally posted by nick1gbr
Which one do i use i have both running at the moment because a hacker go into my pc through NIS 2002, a friend gave me zone alarm pro and said it was better... any thoughts on this?????????

I am very confused now, so help would be appreciated...

--Nick--

Try both and see which one you like. I use ZA pro as its easy to use and simple. I've never used the Norton firewall as ZA has never given me a problem...yet that is.:D

Thank you i'll take a look at both, see which one i like beter..

--Nick--

yeah...I'm anal

I use both. I have Zone Alarm Pro vs 3 (IT RULES) combined with a hardware firewall (Linksys router)

It seems that new Proof of Concept firewall bypasser never refrecned zone alarm in it's testing, there is an article on Neowin about it. they edited the test and zone alarm now fails like the rest it seems =/

Atguard w00t, I want a IPchains binary :D I'm not using any firewall right now because I'm too lazy and gonna reformat soon anyways. But ZA has its problems. Also any trojan that starts before ZA gets through.

i was using NIS 2002 for a while and i didnt like it very much. its secure to an extent, but i think ZAP is much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back