Nintendo Revolution news

Grandmaster said:
Not to mention PCs will not have a similar GPU out until atleast late 2006/early 2007 :p

Or mid to late 2005 :)

Now thats what I'm talking about, simple yet sexy. :) I'm not sure about that tilt base thingy though.

Ok in looking @ the pics of the Revolution a buddy brought up an interesting question. Is the hand in those pictures CGI or real? I at first said rendered but then after carefull examination I almost just think it's a real nice womans hand. :D

The hand seems real but then it doesnt...either way its a nice hand :).

So the Nintendo press conference is going on right now as you can see on the moblog Maarten and Alec are attending the show grabbing up some more HD footage for later on today. In the mean time here are some quick hits on what Nintendo has announced for Revolution:

- WiFi controllers and a 'very unique' controller to be introduced later
- WiFi games with Nintendo characters
- "strong 3rd party support"
- Square Enix working on wifi Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- game development is claimed to be a breeze
- disc drive accepts GameCube games but system is backwards compat w/ all past Nintendo games via downloads
- unique way to combine internet, controlling, flash memory to combine a unique game experience. keeps hinting towards "all-access"
- 2006 console

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/37075

and

JeffEaston_9861_revolutionleak.jpg

The service will also offer downloadable versions of classic Nintendo games, such as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine."

http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=272

I can see the ability to download classic games as a huuuge selling point for all the nostalgic people :)

I wish I didn't read these threads. I'm actually thinking of purchasing a Revolution now. :p I was going to skip this whole gen.

I'm sold...I just bought the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Xbox with Mega Man 1-8 and two unreleased in America games.

So if I can get all the old games for the next nintendo system. It's mine!!!!!!!!

Grandmaster said:
Haha, it's already working :p
Yeah the only thing that could possibly push me over the edge more was if Sega announced a console. :p :D

Xie said:
Yeah the only thing that could possibly push me over the edge more was if Sega announced a console. :p :D

I would love that as well...the first console I ever had was a Sega Genesis :yowch:

It won't ever happen again, unless Sega starts making a huge amount of money from their games, which isn't happening. And I think the market is saturated enough with 3 consoles and 3 handhelds ;)

I read that the Revolution will have a VGA port also. If true will be interesting if I pick one up, could game in much nicer clearity on my monitor. :D

Xie said:
I read that the Revolution will have a VGA port also. If true will be interesting if I pick one up, could game in much nicer clearity on my monitor. :D

Yeah, it will have a VGA port. I don't see why all reporters are saying that "Nintendo is trumping HD support this gen". If the VGA port is there, then it will have at least a 640x480 res, which means 480p, at the very LEAST. I doubt that the Rev will not have any HD support by any means.

The design...Yeah, I like it, but it looks too edgy. I like the sleekness though, but I can't help imagining my finger getting cut if I run it down the edge XD.
Its still in prototype form though, and as Mr. Iwata said, it will be even smaller than what was shown today :D.

The backwards compatibility thing...holy crap. That alone makes me want it. I've been a die hard Nintendo fan since I was a kid, and this just brings me closer to Nintendo. The fact that I could play any game from a library of more than 20 yrs of Nintendo's timeline is a freaking amazing idea, one which truly deserves recognition for redefining the term "Backward compatibility".

I'm rather disappointed that no screens/videos were shown (and don't tell me that the Metroid Prime 3 clip was Rev footage, that looked very much like GC gfx). I am extremely curious as to what the controller will be like, since its supposed to be one of the most revolutionary aspects of the Rev.

Last, but not least...Online. Super Smash Brothers Online. Need I say more? I can't believe that it will be a launch title too. Considering how many sales that game had, it is just what Nintendo needs to give the Rev the push when launch time comes around. Not to mention the 'Nintendo Live' style of service that will come, which, best of all, will be absolutely free :D.

Nintendo Revolution looks very nice. I want one too just to play all the great classics. I think it is a very good move by Nintendo. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back