Nintendo Revolution news

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by tdinc, May 15, 2005.

1. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Nintendo Reveals Early Details About Revolution:
    nintendo.com

2. Hsn

Hsn King

Damn, that sounds really small!

3. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

COOL!!! I want one

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Mac Mini-esque :)

And the backward compatability will certainly help.

5. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Sounds nice. A console thats actually a console instead of a media box that happens to play games. :) It sounds like they may be able to get close to halfing Sony/MS price tags also.

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Ooooo, now how to deside on which one of the three. And if anyone says all three I'm gonna smack'em upside da head with a cold ass fish. :D

7. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

don't smack me but I'm getting the xbox 360 and the nintendo revolution. they both seem the most interesting of the 3

8. Xie

Simple, do you game or do you want a media center that games? Do you want innovation, or do you want everything but the kitchen sink?

9. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Same here... anything but Sony really. xBox is just plain impressive, and Nintendo is where the fun will be :)

10. Xie

Yeah Xbox hardware wise sounds interesting I guess, but to much fluff for me. In reading over some of the proposed Revotion specs sounds like Nintendo will be doing some very impressive stuff. Also as IBM will be supplying the CPU and ATi the graphics cards for each I'm sure they won't be that far off from each other in respect to "speed" and "awww".

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I really don't think there will be much of a difference in specs between all three consoles...they are all going to try to outdo each other in that department.

12. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

I agree with Grandmaster.....But I do believe that the "Cell" processor & Nvidia's graphics chip will show its power. over the other 2 machines. but.....again it all boils down to the developers taking advantage of the power to make the games.... :)

13. Xie

The only difference I see it that Nintendo will focus on a game console. Sony and MS seem to more into the the throw-everything-possible-into-a-box way to go about making a console. Nintendo also has shown in the past they they have true innovation. Shame that it usally comes down to the hype and stereo types.

14. Xie

Oh .. forgot Sony went w/ nVidia this round. :)

15. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I have to find the link but Square Enix is sounding like they are going to support the new nintendo system. The pres or ceo of SE stated how impressed he was with the new nintendo system and to me that means there might be more support from 3rd party developers this go round for Nintendo.

When I find the link I will edit the post and add it

EDIT...http://cube.ign.com/articles/611/611909p1.html?fromint=1

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  16. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I've always seen it as Nintendo focusing on making bloody good and entertaining games, Microsoft will go for power, and the xBox will again be useful for other things than gaming.

Sony will just sell out and give dev kits to any hobo who wants one, making for about 5,000 games at release, of which 4,998 are sequals with no originality. (You can tell I really don't like Sony, can't you? :p)

17. Grandmaster

Mind telling me what this "innovation" from Nintendo is? :p They failed to include a DVD player in the Gamecube, failed to have any sort of online play.

And all their must have first party titles are sequels to games that came out 20 years ago.

18. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

From the raw processing power being talked about both of them are going to be pretty close in performance. The ATi card in the m$ system has excellent shader speed (according to the specs that were released) and is going to lay the smack down on any current gen system out right now in that respect.

19. Grandmaster

Not to mention PCs will not have a similar GPU out until atleast late 2006/early 2007 :p

20. Xie

Exactly. They made a video game console, that played great games. The cube was a small form factor powerhouse. The controllers were new and interesting (as well as working very well). The ability to connect a GBA was also very interesting. The Gamecube also shipped with a modem and had the ability to be replaced with a BBA. ;)

Not all, but yes Nintendo has great games. Why wouldn't you take an old idea and improve on it if you could? It's not like each Mario is the same old thing, they change enough to earn the new game title.