Nintendo DS Opera Browser In Action

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by tdinc, Jul 19, 2006.

1. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

That was really slick. I like the way you use the upper screen to magnify the lower screen content.

3. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

Anyone know if this works on a DS lite? just bought one ( for the mario game)

4. devynal

devynal The Idiot Circus Boy

It will; they are demonstrating it on one. :p

5. sindustrial777

sindustrial777 OSNN Addict

Cool! Looks much better than the PSP browser, I will laugh at my friends who struggle with typing on their PSP analog keypad as I stylus away to my favorite web pages with ease :laugh:. That will be awsome to have next to the computer, I can have a walkthrough on the DS while playing the game on my PC.

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Yes, but there will be two separate products, so you need to be sure which one you buy... though I'm sure the packaging will be clearly marked :)

Aside from the fact the PSP is a Joke... how can a full browser, with touch screen support, hand writing recognition, not be better?

Not that I honestly care, I'm typing this in Firefox, which is better than both of them ;) and I'm sure that someone will provide a full feature-comparison review once the DS browser is more widely available.

7. sindustrial777

sindustrial777 OSNN Addict

Yeah I've never used opera before, but this will no doubt be better than PSP browser for all the reasons given above by speedy

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Well your friend must be in the minority. The DS is outselling the PSP by far, and that's without a browser. At the end of the day, it's a games console... for playing games on, not pissing about on the internets :D ;)

Even if the touchscreen is the only reason that the Opera DS browser is better than Sony's effort, it's one hell of a reson. How much easier, quicker and efficient is having the effect of a mouse going to make the browsing experience? Not to mention input.

I just see it as a welcome upgrade from the Retawq browser which I've been using on my DS ;)