NF2 and Soundstorm for me?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, May 12, 2004.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I keep hearing about this Soundstorm. Is it an application? Is it a piece of hardware? I read that it's made to work with NF2 chipsets, would I be able to use it on mine? Where would I find this?

I have 6 channel audio/SPDIF/Line-in/mic-in on the mobo now, but I use cmedia to control the speakers. I don't have Dolby5.1, but it is EAX 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

2. Soundstorm is the built in sound card that comes with very posh motherboards.
  3. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Posh as in p o s h POSH? (From chitty chitty bang bang).
  4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK
    posh as in asus a7n8x-e deluxe, which i'm very happy with, soundstorm is a little better then my old audigy1, could just use a better set of speakers, I'm still on my ancient creative FourPointSurround things :D
  5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    Soundstorm is part of the MCP component of nforce2 mobo's.

Nvidia must certify a board as "Soundstorm". There are still nforce boards that have soundstorm that are not certified (leadtek boards for example).

As far as analog, soundstorm ranks right below an audigy2, most people would never be able to tell the difference.

Where soundstorm shines is it's realtime encoding to dolby digital and the digital output.