Newegg tech shop sees IPO to fund global expansion

By Doug Young

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Newegg Inc., an online seller of PCs and computer parts, is aiming for an initial public offering in the next year as it embarks on an aggressive global expansion including a build-up in China, its top executive said on Friday.

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2005-07-01T135826Z_01_N01283964_RTRIDST_0_NET-TECH-CHINA-NEWEGG-DC.XML

Man if/when these guys acually go public id drop as much money as i could in them. I love them used them forever and never once have had a problem with them. Only thing i have to say is dont build a warehouse in texas. hehe i dont want to pay sales tax hehe.

That is cool, I will be checking that out .. Thanx for the info ..

I still think newegg should open retail stores :) If they did that though I would be constantly broke :p

i dont think they should. they keep cost down the way they do. And iu can stress enough stay the hell out of texas lol i love newegg for some many reason but on is no sales tax on stuff hehe. And sionce i have bough abot 6 grand worht of stuff through them over the years.... that would add up.

EDIT: holy crap someone slap me next time for just a complete lack of seeing what i typed......

i dont think they should. they keep cost down the way they things now. And i cant stress enough stay the hell out of texas. lol i love newegg for some many reason but one is no sales tax on stuff . And since i have bought abot 6 grand worth of stuff through them over the years.... that would add up.

Last edited:
Too much competition in retail. I like the egg just the way it is ...

I'm working on 20G's between work PC's and personal. I used to be a Tigerdirect man, but they screwed me once after about 12 worth of business and I have NEVER been back.

The egg rocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back