Newbie Questions Needed! :)

the new n00b shows up :p.

I am hoping i can buy a copy with student discount.

More from me.

I'm thinking about getting Call of Duty for my iBook as its basically the only reason left to turn my PC on. With 32MB of video memory, however, how do you think the iBook will cope? I know theres alot of differences in the architecture, but I was always brought up thinking 32MB wasnt an awful lot.

The 32mb card in my iBook handles UT2004 wonderfully, admitedly it get's a little jerky when there's loads of enemies on screen pelting lovely explosions all over the place with rocket launchers, but I'm running it with default settings.

If I were you, I'd go grab a demo of the game from here: http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18195
If it runs jiggly, buy it, if it doesn't, be the first person to hack open an iBook and make an X800 work with it*.

*Note: May not work. At all

downloading the game as well, to see if it works smoothly. THPS worked nicely as well, so i have no doubt.

X-Istence said:
downloading the game as well, to see if it works smoothly. THPS worked nicely as well, so i have no doubt.

You iBookin' too, X-Istence? Cause I'd be curious to hear how it works for you, too.

X has the same iBook as me, Andy. Should be able to give you a good idea of how it's going to run :)

Holy ûûûû it works nicely. Time for me to go get a copy of UT2k4 then for the Mac. I allready have the windows version.

Thats good, Ima download the demo asap, and maybe grab the game this weekend.
w00t!

Because this thread is marked as "new" and because I don't feel like finding one of the other threads just about the Mac mini I'll post it here. :p

Anyhoo was in the dead sexy Apple store last night (buying iPod equipment and saw the new Mac mini. If seen the pictures comparing it to this and to that but until you see the thing in real life it doesn't sink in just how small the thing really is. I think if you have good size pockets you could put it in one. :p

Oh (what I started this post for) I asked about them installing 3rd party RAM and he told me they can't but he told me of a local place that handles Apple products that might. I found that very nice of him.

Just open it up and replace the DIMM, you really don't need to get someone to upgrade the ram for you.

Xie said:
Oh (what I started this post for) I asked about them installing 3rd party RAM and he told me they can't but he told me of a local place that handles Apple products that might. I found that very nice of him.

I have found that the people working at apple must be getting paid a ûûûûload of cash :p. They are always the nicest people, and they are always really helpfull.

An Apple store near to me opens around July time, so I'll finally be able to go and mooch round all the Apple stuff I don't need, or want and can't afford. w00t.

It also happens to be close to Enyo, will try and convert him :p *hides*

the apple store near me is pathetic, its too small and the last time i was in on display was an iMac G4, eMac and a few powerbooks. Everything else was on an order only basis, which really can be done from home on the net so the shop for me was useless. What scotland need is one of those huge flagship stores :D

SPeedY_B said:
It also happens to be close to Enyo, will try and convert him :p *hides*

Your welcome to convert me! I am toying with the idea of getting an iBook, just money that will hold me back. As it happens I have a photo of the store front as it looks now.

Attachments

• apple-store.jpg
    apple-store.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 98
I will go to an Apple store nearby tomorrow, just to drool over on the Mac Mini. And I am gonna pester my headoffice, to quickly stock those Mac Mini's so I can buy them with a staff-discount (12,5%!).

Wonder when the university store will get some Mac Minis. Would like to see how small it is...so far it's just been through pictures. :)

X-Istence said:
I have found that the people working at apple must be getting paid a ûûûûload of cash :p. They are always the nicest people, and they are always really helpfull.
I think because they actually like their job. :)

I'm also sure they get a discount of some sort.

Enyo said:
Your welcome to convert me! I am toying with the idea of getting an iBook, just money that will hold me back. As it happens I have a photo of the store front as it looks now.
I have one of those too:
applestore.jpg

:p :D

Xie said:
I think because they actually like their job. :)

I'm also sure they get a discount of some sort.
They do, they also get to know when new items are going to be added to the store before anyone else (but can't say anything, naturally.) so next time you see a smug employee, there's a new product round the corner :D :D

Next time you hear from an employee that the store is closing early so that their entire crew can get some quality sleep you know something is going down.

I want to go work at apple, only thing is, i need to get my drivers license so that i can drive there :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back