New XP User

• Thread starter Rockgoddess9611
  • Start date
R

Rockgoddess9611

HELP!!
We are new to Windows XP and are having nothing but problems. I am trying to install Ultima Online : Lord Blackthorne's Revenge and keep getting an error message stating:

Welcome MFC application has encountered a problem and must close.

This is on the install for the 2 and 3D version.
Has anyone else ran into this problem trying to install a game? All other games have installed fine so far.

I must say, so far my experiance with Win XP is not good!

Thanks for any input you might have!!

Rockgoddess

Have you tried installing them using the compatability wizard? Navigate through it to the intall.exe & see how you go. :)

Welcome to the forums. Have fun.

compatability mode
as hipster said
and maybe even just open the same prog up again right after you click close(ussually works for me)
and it should run through with no problem

if the game wasn't designed to run in XP then compatibility is most likely your problem..

I recommend uninstalling the game first.. then, before you reinstall it explore the cd and right click over setup.exe > properties > compatibility > win98/Me or 2000. Then run the install and see if it works. Also make sure you have any available patches installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back