New Uk ISP Advice Please

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by indyjones, Jan 10, 2007.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hi all

Firstly happy New Year to you all ! (My first post of the year).

Right, moving house this month (finally taken the plunge a decided to buy), and I am looking for a new ISP. I have been with tesco for the last year and a half and they have (usually) been reliable and although not the cheapest in the world at £18 a month for 512k, I have never had a download limit problem (which was great especially during the Vista and office beta period!)
    So what I am after is 1meg+ with no download cap at around £20pm, and has to be ADSL as I am not in a cable area.

Any help will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

IJ

2. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

3. indyjones

Cheers heny will look into it :)

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/ - I recently moved back to these guys as all the DSL options are getting pretty poor these days (until we get LLU'd) so I just wanted something cheap, so far it seems nice and stable.

It's £14.99/mo for 8mb (I'm Sync'ing at 7.5mb), and the only restriction is you have a 20GB limit, between the hours of 6pm-Midnight, all other times are free/off-peak.

6. indyjones

Hmmm eclipse looks good the other is too expensive (bethere) as I wantr sub £20 ideally.

As for orange heard lots of horror stories with them (and some people at work have problems) you might just be lucky though Heny

Any more please?

I want to place an order today ideally....

7. Zen are expensive, no doubt about it, but their service is second to none.

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

To further my suggestion, I've not had a single problem with Eclipse since I signed up again.

Admittedly, the speeds can degrade during peak hours, however even in extreme cases my downloads haven't sunk below 2mb speeds, and I can live with that for what I'm paying :)

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Just avoid the temptation to choose Pipex.

10. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Demon aint bad either, 19.99 for 8mbps - I have only had up to 4 but this is due to BT's ancient lines that are installed here apparently. CS is good too.