New Trojan(s) ???

Evil Homer

OSNN Junior Addict
I ran a Windows Live Safety Center scan on my PC yesterday.
The scan came up clean.
I then ran a Housecall 6.5 scan.
Housecall found Troj_SE.79664 and Troj_SE.79669 on my PC.
Housecall removed the 2 Trojan's.
I decided to format and do a fresh install of WinXp Pro on my PC.
After updating all the driver's and running all Window's Update's I ran Housecall again.
Housecall found the exact 2 Trojan's again.
Again, Housecall removed the 2 Trojan's.

Did a search on the net for these 2 Trojan's and came up empty. (Maybe I'm not searching right or I'm blind.)
Could these 2 Trojan's be part of the new Ati Catalyst 6.1 driver/software package ?
Reason I ask is, the only thing I have downloaded in the last month has been the new Catalyst 6.1 driver/software.
And I run Windows Live Safety Center scan's and Housecall 6.5 once per week just as regular maintenence for my PC.
Any info about these Trojan's would be great, thx in advance.

Doing a google search on both only came up with 2 hits, both from other forums of people saying they were found the same way you found yours, which is through Housecall. There isn't any technical information available on those as of yet, I would recommend contacting Trend Micro to see if they have any documentation on it.

If you want to see if they are part of the driver set, perhaps un-install the drivers, re-install them and then do another scan...

Alot of people are getting Troj_SE.xxxx - I think they are false positives. Still looking into it. Will get back to you.

Check this thread out. Same deal, it's some sort of malware that was eventually fixed...

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t63041.html

I'd suggest taking a look at your HOSTS file - it may give us a clue. See if there are any odd entries in there.

Navigate to c:\WINNT\drivers\etc and double click on HOSTS - paste what is in there here.

Last edited:
I formatted my PC again today just to see if the Trojan's would be back after I did all the Window's updates and driver installs.
This time i decided to use Ati Catalyst 5.11 driver's as I never had any issues with them.
I ran Housecall 6.5 and the scan came up clean, no Trojan's this time around.
No clue if the new Ati Catalyst 6.1 driver's/software was the cause or not.
I'm gonna keep testing and also try to find out more info about these 2 Trojan's.

As mastershakes hinted at, I have a feeling they are false positives. You may want to install version 6.1 for the drivers, do a scan, and then check with both Housecall and ATI. Let us know what pops up.

Well more testing done.
Decided to un-install the Ati Catalyst 5.11 driver's again.
I did a Housecall 6.5 scan before i removed the driver's.
With the Ati 5.11 driver's Housecall scan was clean.
I then un-installed the Ati 5.11 driver's.
Installed the new Ati 6.1 driver's and rebooted.
Ran Housecall and the scan came up with Troj_SE.79664 and Troj_SE.79669 again.
No clue what's going on with these new Ati driver's but I'm gonna let Ati know and see what info they can give me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back