New to DV cam? how to...

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
Hi i have a DV cam that i just bought which is a JVC model number.
GR-DVL1020EA. I am wondering what do i need to put the video (tape) into my computer. Obviously i would have to change analog to digital, but what software/hardware do i need?

I know a bit of encoding e.g. DIVX or XVID, but im still a bit blur on analog to digital. pls help..

cheers....

use the firewire port link on the camcord and hook it up to your box, and use adobe premiere to capture it.

how long does the capture take usaully? if i dont have premiere, any free softwares that do it? does virtualdub do it?

i think vdub does, i have never used it, well for premiere i only knew how to play the video and capture as it was playing.

ok thats for the video, how bout audio? i just added u to my msn...we talk there better?

i am not at home at the moment, if you use firewire it should capture the audio also.
i won't be home till 9pm est but after that i can help with any questions

if you have Windows XP just with Microsoft Movie Maker 2. Capture it that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back