New to case modding

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RagnaroK, Feb 21, 2003.

1. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

Hi,
    I want to cut some holes in my case for some fans, because I believe the pre-cut holes in the case are not letting enough air in. I just want to know what tools should I use to cut such holes? Maybe big and maybe small holes. Also, what tools can do delicate metal cutting?

Thanks for any feedback.
    -RaG

2. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I know alot of people use a dremel tool. I haven't started my case mod yet so I really can't say.

3. RagnaroK

Dremel tool? I apologise for my naiveness. :happy:

4. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

5. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

Thats what I use lol

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Most people use dremel for modding. But if you want to cut a hole in flat metal I suggest you use a hole saw. Like the ones at the bottom of this page: http://toolguy.com/recipblade.htm

7. RagnaroK

Ahh.. dremel... I remember now! Thx [CpK]Bastid and thx to everyone for their input, but I didn't expect these tools to cost so much. LOL :D
    I'm on a student budget you see, and really can't afford to buy these tools for one or two mod jobs... I might consider buying them later. But for now, can anyone suggest cheap ways of modding that can still look like it was done professionally? ;)

8. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

There are really cheap dremel-lookalikes that you can use. They probably won't hold for more than one to two case mods (more than a hole though!) but then again they are very cheap. Sorry, I don't know where to get them outside Sweden.

9. RagnaroK

Cheers Zedric. Thanks for the advice, think I found a few tools that could do the job for now. Thanks everyone. :D

10. deadzombie

deadzombie Guest

Check your local Wal*Mart - you can pick up dremels for $30 - $40, before the bits. Not cheap, but not as expensive...