New System

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by renakuajo, Nov 6, 2002.

1. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

I have this question (hope its not a silly one!!)

I have this board abit kt7a, i put an ahtlon 1.4. it has nothing else except for an agp video card, i havent put any drives just the cpu and ram. Can i plug a monitor to it to see if it boot? or do i need to put a HD first???? Cause i just wanna tested to enter the bios is that possible???

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Turn it on & see what happens. I think you should be able to do it. Just make sure no wires are exposed.

3. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

i did it but dont see a thing

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Nothing at all shows up on the screen?? Somethings wrong somewhere.

5. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

should work, are the power lights on case showing? if not check you've plugged power supply in correctly to m/board. also make sure keyboard is plugged in correctly and that monitor is plugged in and turned on, sounds silly but sometime we miss the obvious!!

6. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

ok.......the board its atx so the power suplly goes only in one way but i will check to see if its no plugin correctly........the lights of the case are showing, hd lights no cause aint any drive on it not even a floopy.......so the only light showing is the power.......keyboard is plug (doesnt have mouse...can that be it?) monitor is plug correctly that was the first thing i check...........i'm gonna eat and take a shower and will check again....

7. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

shouldn't be the lack of mouse, but may be worth a try. do you get anything at all on monitor? have you checked monitor on another system to make sure it is ok?

8. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

no i dont get anything in the monitor, the monitor is ok cause its used in other pc that i have........the pc have a speaker and it doesnt make any sound either......dont make any beeps

9. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

ok, if monitor works etc then it may be that you haven't connected the pin wires for power LED, reset LED etc correctly, check manual if you have it to see that these are all ok.

are you sure m/board and CPU are ok?

just stabbing in dark here, can to hard to sort without system in front of you!

10. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

cpu is new, board is not new but it was workin, the cpu fan works so the board is getting electricity

the pin wires....mmmm i need to check that ihavent do it yet in fact i forgot about them LOL

i think i will do it but tomorrow cause is night here and i dont have good light......and i have to go out to pick up wife at work......hope i didn broke the cpu while iwas intalling the fan.........i didnt think thats the case thats gonna be the last thing i will check if nothing else works......damn it LOL

oh i forgot something.......the case i bought has a front panel w/usb.......i connect the cables to it but that connection was the one i wasnt sure if i did correctly......can that be it??? anyway i will disconnect those also to see what happens.....damn i love this board and i want it to work

11. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

let me know how you go after checking pins etc.

12. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

sure brodie, let you know tomorrow or later tonight

13. SickBoi

SickBoi Kicker of Elves

I built a system for my g/f with a KT7A.. it wouldn't post at all unless you had a 3 pin cpu fan connection in fan1 slot..and also make sure your mouse port isn't all mangled in the case..

14. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

SickBoi

i have a cpu fan in fan1 slot (workin).......mouse port is ok, in fact i havent attach a mouse yet

15. SickBoi

SickBoi Kicker of Elves

it took an one RMA and a good stomping to get that thing to work for me.. :)

16. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

hopefully the stomp will do it, RMA is not an option

17. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Do you have RAM in it?

18. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

yes i do, one stick of 256ram

19. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

you know what i just notice??? i have the ram stick put in dimm3 instead of dimm number 1.......

20. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

damn havent had any luck so far........check everything still cant see bios or anythinh in the monitor