New speakers, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ElementalDragon, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Ok, i'm looking for a good set of 5.1 speakers for my computer at home. the set i have right now, the Logitech X-530, doesn't seem that great. I'm leaning kinda towards This Set but am willing to see some others that you may have used or may still be using, even heard good praise about. Don't really wanna go higher than like $100.

2. ElementalDragon

eeh, nevermind. Ordered the Altec Lansing speakers. they seem to be pretty good. found them for like $79 on an e-tailers website that's located like a state away for $78 when the MSRP is like $99

3. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

where were you on boxing day man?
    i saw a logitech set regular 250 going for 99 bucks.

4. ElementalDragon

....not even 100% sure what boxing day is..... lol.

These logitech's don't have a whole lot of Bass. think i'll stick to Logitech for mice and keyboards, and leave the speakers to others.

5. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

yeah i dont like logitech very much for speakers. I have the creative inspire 5100 or w/e. Nice bass but like i mentioned on irc i hooked up a guitar amp :). The stock sub wasnt good enough.

6. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Nice ones here....My friend has these and he loves them, plus they arent that expensive

7. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I have known Altec Lansing as a good quality company. You should be happy with those ones you bought!

8. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

My dad's got a year old 5.1 altec lansing set, for the size/style/price they're very nice. I prefer my creative 5100 set up, but the sound quality and volume for the size is good.

Nice choice :D

(btw - Boxing day is the day after christmas :rolleyes:)

9. ElementalDragon

aah..... right. :) had a feeling it was somethin like that. kinda like the black-friday-ish thing cept AFTER christmas.

P.S. zeke, why did u even post those? said i was lookin for under $100, and then i said i already ordered a set? they are awful nice though. need a job and a credit card of my own before i start ordering expensive crap to use on my computer.