new processor and mobo

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nismo83, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

i'm getting a new cpu and mobo together with ram as mine just got struck by lighting.. which 1 is the best in term of cost. i'm looking at p4 2.4/533mhz/s478/512cache without HT. izit ok?

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

You should just spend the extra few dollars and get the 800mhz fsb version of the 2.4. You get HT as well with that.

3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

True! That's a pretty fair performance difference between the two Intel processor types.

Also, don't rule out an Athlon XP 2700 or a 2800 both with NForce chipsets, since they are both in the price range you're looking at. These are also undeniably more powerful at nearly every task than even the 2.4Ghz Intel with the 800MHz FSB

4. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

thanks for your comment... i just bought a athlon xp 2600+ with 333 FSB and 1024 dual ddr333 (2x512), abit nf7 mobo, ...

actually my old p4 1.5 and mobo and all stuff except HDD and ROM gone up to heaven as my pc was struck by lighting thru network cable... and all 9 pc inc. mine at the LAN all gone... it was a disaster.. luckily my HDD is still ok.. if not i'm gonna cry like hell

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Man it must be an epidemic. I know 3 guys who's PC's got lightning hit in the last 2 weeks. We were talking about lightning suppressors for LANs at work today.

Anbody know of any?