New parts

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ZipTriX, Nov 25, 2002.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I recently fried my Athlon XP 1900+. Looking to replace it and I noticed that there is an AMD Athlon XP 1900+ AGOGA processor. After reading I learned that the AGOGA is also on the 2100+. Would it be best just to purchase the 2100+ instead of the 1900+ w/ AGOGA chip? The price difference isn't that much, so it doesn't matter to me. I just want to get something that will be the better for the money.

Also, does anyone have any input on the Asus TV Tuner Card/Video Capture Card? I want something that will allow me to watch cable television, but also allow me to input my VCR and other video devices. Any recommendations?

Lastly, I'm also looking for an adapter that will allow me to listen to local radio stations at my pc. Anyone know where I can locate one? I've seen them, but forgot the name.

System Specs:
    Soyo Dragon KT333
    GeForce 4 Ti4400
    1024 MB PC2700
    SB Audigy
    Duron 750 (right now :( )
    200 GB in ATA133 Maxtors
  2. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

I'd go for the 2100+, or better yet, the 2400+! (Overclock that baby)
  3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Yeah I would like too, but that's a little farther out the range then I can afford right now. :(

Budgeting so I can get the things I need to help keep my mom in touch with her grandkids, ie videos, pictures, etc. ;)
  4. BugOuT

BugOuT Guest

Isn't the AGOGA CPU are made different from stock CPU?
  5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
  6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Kickass Taurus, thanks! :D

Guess noone has inputs on TV cards. :(