New Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by lancer, Dec 1, 2008.

1. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

So i just got a new 16gb ipod touch....

going great love the thing.

BUT

I need an app that tells me how much battery life is left, you know like 100%, 50% etc... is there anything like that, or is there somewhere on the phone that tells you?

2. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

well its a 2g i assume, not ready for jailbreak! I love the free apps, always something useful or fun! I looked and didn't find anything, but sometimes i overlook!

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

There is no battery indicator at the top/right?

4. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I just watch the battery indicator and wait for the 20% battery level warning thingy to pop up :laugh:

5. synical33

synical33 X2 & Lovin' It

This is news to me. I thought the 2G's were ready for jailbreaking but is you heard right Saz then I will not question your knowledge

I want one!!! The iTouch is so freaking cool. I have jailbroken a few of my friends iTouch because they know me for hacking gadgets (PSP's, Wii's, etc) and I would have to say that the iTouch is one bad ass gadget. Cannot wait to add this to my current arsenal of awesome gadgets.

6. lancer

it is great,

how can it be 2g, its not a phone.

anyway it does have the battery indicator, but i'd like an app to see when its fully charged, how much specific battery life is left, like 41%, **** i know, but just wanted to see.

7. Sazar

2G == 2nd Generation.

And the indicator for the battery on the phone is on the top right of the screen and changes color as the battery level drops making changes at 50% and 25% in my experience. Plus you can set your battery warning indicator once a certain level is reached (mine is at 20%).

I have a charger at home, in my car and at work so I almost always have plenty of juice.

8. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

same here always charged! The new 2.2 firmware has nifty features, update all apps instead of 1 by 1, if you have a jailbroken touch you can enable street views in google earth...i love my touch!

9. lancer

its really good, but the battery life seriously sucks on it though...

10. Sazar

Those are features that should always have been there. They came about as a result of outcry from iPhone users. Incremental updates to fix crap doesn't count as "Fantastic" in my book :)

But, I do like the new stability. The browser doesn't crash every 2 minutes as it did before and the new app-store organisation is a vast improvement. Again, something it should have had from the get-go but I'll take it.

Still no turn-by-turn GPS though.

Btw, running Pandora and then receiving a call does not kill the application like it sometimes did before. Now it resumes properly with the fade-in/fade-out effect that the iPod player has :D