New iMac!

It's a friggin Laptop on a stand, It's like a MicroSquish Tablet with a stand, 'cept no touchscreen... and a keyboard seprately. A Laptop housing with no cover and no keyboard, they put the screen on it where the keyboard and the touchpad went and everything inside is still Laptop. Or PowerBook For the Apple group. :D

Now if they made it sozz that you could detach it from it's stand for portability and it then went into touchscreen mode... Then ya got somethin. Ya slap on some thin cover for the screen and yer off. Hmmmmmmm... *calls Apple to sell them idea*

gonaads said:
It's a friggin Laptop on a stand, It's like a MicroSquish Tablet with a stand, 'cept no touchscreen... and a keyboard seprately. A Laptop housing with no cover and no keyboard, they put the screen on it where the keyboard and the touchpad went and everything inside is still Laptop. Or PowerBook For the Apple group. :D
Although that's what it looks like, the internal components all have desktop form-factors. 3.5" HDD, full-size RAM DIMMs etc.

Now if they made it sozz that you could detach it from it's stand for portability and it then went into touchscreen mode... Then ya got somethin. Ya slap on some thin cover for the screen and yer off. Hmmmmmmm... *calls Apple to sell them idea*
You mean something like this?
wink.gif

NetRyder said:
Even those gaudy, fruity, eye-sores?
tongue.gif

imac_lime04.gif

Oh yes and those magnificant machines :D

:p

A thought occurs... if the hard drive and monitor are in such close proximety, it makes me wonder how nicely they'll play together regarding stuff like E.M interference... heat... um... and other stuff (its early, and I'm sleepy) .... still. If I am to be burnt alive, let it be because of Apple ... :D

Heeheehee, it'll proberbally sicken you even more when I tell you that I lick my iMac clean daily ... :p

I am an avid pc user and went on an interview today for a job...if I get the job I will order my new imac within days of my first or second paycheck...those new ones are so sweet!

Scooter said:
Heeheehee, it'll proberbally sicken you even more when I tell you that I lick my iMac clean daily ... :p
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

webcam.jpg

(Excuse the fact I look really crap ... up all night playing Halo, working on website...no sleep yet.. lots of coffee) :rolleyes:

Prob is that there was a pr0n site on his screen... that's what he's licking. :p

Hell no. Pr0n is the route of all broken keyboards and lame "i split tipex on my monitor" jokes :p

I'm licking that most sexy of things - the "iMac" text on the screen... mmmmm iMac-y

I'd joke about getting "intimate" with my Macs.... alass I fear you'd actually believe me ....

....*lick*...

:p :D

Slighty back on topic ( *explodes* ) - I've decided in a general way, that I'm going to save up and get a G5 .... true I'll be buying on of the new new (yep, new new) G5s at some point (I hope), but I'm aiming for a tower hard drive and a couple of Apple Displays... though I'm still mulling over wether to get the old design or the new sheek (sp?) ones... hhmmmm

[edit: ] ... I should proberbally elaborate in that I am drawn to what is proberbally the better upgradeable features and the ability to actually get into the components on the towers such as RAM, video card etc etc.

Also I am slightly bothered about possible problems with the new "all in one" G5s - monitor and hard drive closeness (can't think of a better term) and what happens if it all falls off its stand :eek: ?!?!

I'm going to be watching closely as I fear the new G5's may actually go the way of the old Cubes (mmmmm cube-a-licious
010703apple_g4cube.jpg
) .... then again, maybes they won't. Dam it if my special power isn't forseeing the future ... :mad:

Given the choice between the two, I'd say go for the PowerMac G5 rather than the iMac.

I'd get the cheesegrater over the iLamp, but I just like obscene amounts of memory, and would need to take advantage of the now missing 4gb limit :p

mmm yes memory is cool - but it just goes to prove how awesome Macs really are since I bought a copy of Motion a week back, it came today, and already on my iMac (do I really need to say G4?) I've started playing around with it loads - and thats using an off the shelf G4 with 256mb ram .... Macs totally are awesome ... yet... I long for more ...

*licks screen* :p

SPeedY_B said:
Heh, motion has a "requirement" of 512mb. :D
Still works with Scott's setup apparently...I'd think more like Windows XP running on a 64MB setup.
tongue.gif

NetRyder said:
Even those gaudy, fruity, eye-sores?
tongue.gif

imac_lime04.gif

Ah, what one was that? Blackberry? I used to play that dinosaur game on em at school. Mac OS 9, hated the damn things, and now i love my iBook.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back