New IE browser

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by napalmnthemorning, Aug 6, 2002.

1. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

Does anyone know when IE is coming out with some new themes for their 6.0 IE browser. (NOT WindowBlinds) Or where can I find some to add some life to this sorry looking browser.. I also use Mozilla and at least they have a variety of really cool themes you can quickly change to, although I like IE better.. But, Mozilla is a bit faster.. later.. thanks....

2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I think they r going to be release the SP1 for internet explorer 6 soon

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Mozilla IS faster

use the superior browser.

IE cannot compare to Mozilla

4. BeNDeR

BeNDeR Guest

Mozila and IE are almost the same !

5. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Opera is fastest, especially when driven by a P4.

6. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Stardock, the company that created Windowblinds also do "Webblinds", which will skin IE. www.stardock.com

Also there is "hotbar" which allows you to add images to the toolbar area www.hotbar.com

;)

7. napalmnthemorning

I'm really not looking to pay $20.00 (www.stardock.com) to put a new theme to my IE browser, but thanks for the link.. YOU would ThInK that IE could at LEAST come up with some freeware themes that are easily Accessible that you could quickly download like Mozilla. I do like Mozilla Mbunny but it the graphics load slower then IE..

8. napalmnthemorning

Also on Mozilla I can't always use my left arrow to return to my previous page, I have to use my toolbar icon at the top and click on my page.. I've used Mozilla and it is faster.. Which theme do you guys like best. I like "SkyPilot", but the starTrek theme is really cool too....

9. Gina1258

Gina1258 Guest

Tweak UI (Win Power Toy) has that feature were you can change the skin on your IE browser. There is no need for window blinds.
    Gina

10. napalmnthemorning

Thanks Gina. Is this freeware, shareware.. Do you have a link for this?

11. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Mouse Wheel

Tweak till your hearts content. That and you may have Smooth Scroll enabled in WinXP. (IE turns it off for itself if you uncheck it in their preferences)

12. mbunny

mbunny Guest

I agree with the first part... the second part is just personal opinion

The difference between Opera and Mozilla? You have to pay for Opera. (or get a stoopid ad banner across the top of it) (yeah i know about cracks but pffttt... Mozilla is free from the start)

13. mbunny

mbunny Guest

The reason for this is that when you press down the middle mouse they count it as Middle Click... I remember seeing a tweak to do what you want on bugzilla.

you just gotta edit your prefs.js file. The middle button is used by mozilla for tabbed browsing (needs to be enabled in preferences) so you middle click instead of left click on a link to open the link in a new tab.

Look for your thing in Bugzilla... i saw it a while ago. Search for scroll in bugzilla

14. mbunny

mbunny Guest

15. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

Don't know about you gyus - but I bougth the full Stardock suite (object desktop) and about the only think that works well is the IconPackager.
    Web blinds - causes IE to crash all the time
    Windows Blinds - works OK (windows default still works better)
    Windows FX - great for slowing down the system and crashing
    Getting pissed-off with it

16. mbunny

mbunny Guest

I agree... IconPackager and CursorXP are the only things i use from Stardock... CursorXP is free (there is a free ver) and there are some funky translucent pointers out =)

IconPackager I use cause even though the trial has ended it can still be used... You just can't change the icons you have now =P

17. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

I got Mozilla because you guys persuaded me...but it looks suprisingly similar to netscape...and mozilla looks like opera?

ffs...

18. Gina1258

Gina1258 Guest

19. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Mozilla is a tad larger than a few Netscape Programmers now =P

AOL fund for Mozilla to be developed... Its a open source project which the community contributes towards. AOL then get a nice working sample of Mozilla and rename it Netscape and add their spy/ad/crap ware to it. Mozilla before Netscape though... Mozilla will always be out before Netscape does.