New Headphone Suggestions

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by NerdUprising, Sep 23, 2003.

1. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

hello ntfs forum brains -

looking into buying some new headphones, for reference as to what I am looking for, look here

Fairly small (near the size of the Bose Triport)
    Closed earpieces
    Fairly cheap...:D

Id go with the sennheisers, because I know they are a pretty badass brand, and those fit what Id like to have perfectly - but they dont replicate bass very well

any suggestions?
    *edit - me no can type good

2. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

3. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

wow, those are pretty spiffy, but I was hoping for something a little smaller; supra-aural rather than circum-aural

many thanks for the suggestion, though

4. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

after some reading... I guess Sennheiser headphones have the need for being "broken in"

alot of people will write reviews and say they suck, but in a week they will come back and edit, saying that they just need to be worn a little... can anyone here attest to that?

5. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

that px 200 looked cool......i want one now.....thats comfortable yet it folds up

6. mike09

mike09 Moderator

Sennheiser headphones require a burn in period to sound great. just play music on them for like 24-48 hours of differnet kinds of music, then they will be fine.

7. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

You're not looking for earbuds? I have a pair of Sony MDR - EX70LP's that I will swear produce the best quality sound short of an extremely high end sound system. Extremely comfortable, the only drawback to them is that they also act as earplugs damn near muting all external sound once you put them in. Got mine for around 45? on buy.com

8. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I've listened to those sony earbuds too...I have $150 Bose headphones that barely beat them out! Good thing they were just a gift. :) I'll go with leedogg.

9. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

yea, if I had the funds, Id have a pair of Slate Gray Triports already... I need friends like yours, handybuddy :D

And LeeDogg - the pair of headphones I have now are a high-end pair of Sony Earbuds, they are nice, and have a great range, but im looking for a pair of sexy open air ones now :cool:

so thanks everyone for the suggestions, and the reinforcing from Mike09 that the sennheisers are the way to go

10. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 497's for xmas ... WOW ... I already love them even if they aren't "broken in". The sounds I can hear now ... makes me feel even better about buying my SB :)

11. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

*high fives you*

12. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

13. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

14. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I guess I'll forgive you...

15. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

They were £90
    They are incredibly comfortable, I like em and are not some cheap range that is massed produced in some far east country, they actually came from sennheiser so I am happy with em.

16. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

thanks for the link ... just read alot of good about my cans on there too :p

17. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

I clicked that link. I like that place, I may join.