New HDD [::Brand problem::]

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cosmin, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I've decided to buy a new HDD but not almost decided on the brand , this is the list I thought I should choose :

1. IMB
    2. Maxtor
    3. Seagate

Capacity : 60 - - - 80 GB 7200 rpm . My mobo : ECS - K7S5A2 and don't remember ATA represents .. 100,133 .. [?] will my mobo support the latest tech [?] .

Major thanks , Cosmin ;)
  2. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i think i will go for Western Digital... :)
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    Your motherboard supports upto UltraATA/100, so you should be fine.

I'm drawn towards Seagate because of my experience with them ... very reliable drives, and quiet too. :)
  4. jroc

jroc Guest

This Board supports ATA 100 which isnt the lastest..but a pci card for a ATA Controller..that supports Raid/SATA will make it the lastest...and as for HDD...My Choice is Maxtor...I run 4 Maxtors ATA 133@7200 with my Computer
  5. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

If you buy a ATA 133 drive it will still work with your motherboard as its backwards compatable, i am currently using IBM hard drives and they work fine.
  6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Seagate is my bet. Very quiet. :)
  7. jroc

jroc Guest

Seagate...does not even come close to being quiet when compared to the Fluid Drives of the Maxtor Diamond Max 8 or 9 Series Drives.......but then HDD's are like Firewalls and AntiVirus Softwares.....its all Personal Choices and what makes you happy :cool: