new hd tv

alright guys im going to bestbuy and walmart today to get a tv. i guess if it doesn't work the way i would like it to with my computer ill just take it back. wish me luck:)

If it doesn't work out, there's always the Philips Outlet. Free shipping, even on tube TVs. And I actually bought (and returned) a 4:3 Sanyo. It was plagued by geometry and convergence problems, so I ended up with my Panasonic Tau television, which I'm also not too fond of due to no 720p, but the picture is great!

Hope you get a good one!

...so I ended up with my Panasonic Tau television, which I'm also not too fond of due to no 720p, but the picture is great!

Hope you get a good one!

The tau is the model that I have as well. 32 inch, we got it probably close to 4 or 5 years ago now. Great picture overall.

alright guyss i am typing to you now from my chair using my tv as a computer screen. it looks good i can even read pretty7 small words on it. in case any of you all were wondering it does do 1920x 1080i but i haven't used it because you cant read because of the interlace flicker. on 720p i can read everything and is is still a preety good amount of pixels. i am having one problem though the used screen on the tv is a little bit crooked. i mean the topline pixels in the backgrounnd does not line up with the actual topline of the tv. does any one know how to calibrate it so all of the pixels in the screen are being used. i remeber the control panel on my old 9600xt had a way of doing this but i cannot not seem to find it on my new nvidia control panel. help:)

Are you sure it's the vid card and not the TV? There may (should) be a control on the tv to adjust the tilt if it's the TV. The control on the nvidia driver may be hidden. at the top level nvida menu look for an option like basic/amature vs advanced/experienced. You want "rotation" control or monitor adjustments.

I'd suspect the TV more than the vid card. Of course with HD TV and digital card I'd expect neither. Yeah, yeah I know. Make up myy mind.

hmm... i dont think it is the tv, or even if it is i think i can stil fix it with the video card because i can make the picture large enough to fii thos empty pixels. i will have to do some more looking around for what i need int eh control panel and get back to you.

ok i looked and i could not find any thing. do you all know of any program that might be able to do this? i just need to rotate my screen about 4 degrees.

Google for a way to get to the service menu (or service mode) for your television. Sometimes rotation isn't readily available to the user without it.

ok guys i have come to tthe conclusion that it is the tv and i have found out how to get into the service menu. my problem is i don't know what all of these codes mean. below is a page of the codes and their meanings for a similar tv. i can' figure out wich one is tilt. help?

http://hinome.net/images/sanyo.pdf

ok guys i went though all of the different menus and i could not get it work correctly so i just said "to hell with it" and took it back i am about to start looking for a widescreen computer monitor that i should be able to whatch tv on. with the money i save from the tv i might buy one of those ati hd tv tuners.

i would have to ask what your budget was? you can purchase a 32" lcd now for a couple hundred dollars more although the picture on the tube tv is much better than LCD.

Sanyo is specific brand started by Wal-Mart (and probably owned by them as well).

The weight on these things is enormous. Depending on how long you plan to keep this tv ... i would try to steer you away from best buy and go to costco or your local wholesale club and pick one up. Just be sure it has HDMI inputs for future expandablity.

The wide screen tube is actually a dying breed ... so the prices will continue to drop ...drop drop. even though 600usd seems inexpensive now ... if next year you regret purchasing it ..its still 600usd wasted. i would try to raise your budget to 1000usd total and you will find a much LARGER range of products i think you will be more pleased with for a longer time.

I tell this to all potential customers of mine ..or other peoples.

the standard now is 720p 1080i but 1080p is beginning to appear on most LCD and projection tv's along with 1 Plasma. this only widens the gap from the tube.

I would also ask where this tv will be placed and what is its purpose?

I do this for a living now ... not just a hobby .... these are questions you should really answer before purchasing anything in the home audio/video section of s tuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back