New Folder In XP. What Is It ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kenny uk, Sep 17, 2002.

1. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

I have just installed SP1 with no problems from a cd-rom. I notice that a folder has appeared in the Windows directory called just"service pack files" The collective size of the components is around 240mb. Is this an expanded copy of SP1 and is it independant of the OS (a backup).

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

This contains all the files that were updated in the update... for protection purposes incase you delete an important system file or it becomes corrupt.

If you slipstreamed your copy of SP1 that folder will not be there.

3. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

Thanks for that Electronic Punk. I noticed their is a setup icon, so could it all be put on a cd and used for re-installing the lot?

(How do you get the pic under your reply?)

I notice that you live in the UFO capital of the world !!

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Its my signature

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/usercp.php?s=

Set yourself up.

You need to slipstream your copy of XP using either easy cd creator or nero.

http://www.xp-erience.org/comments.php?id=120&catid=1

Yes I do live in the UFO capital of the world, hehe, infact I was sat at stone henge at 3am the other day waiting for a big ginger beast to pass in a horse box.

Didn't help that I was watching something on tv called "Alien Abduction: The McPhersons" filmed ala Blair Witch.. it was crap, but had some shocking moments.

Never seen any crop circles round here, as the farmers tend to charge you to see em - bleh.

5. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

Cheers. Looks a bit complicated so I dont think I will bother , its not very clear.

Bit of a liberty charging for crop circles.

Have to settle for Mel Gibson and "Signs" instead.