new fire extinguisher

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by FishBoy, Feb 11, 2005.

1. you have to see this it's really cool, it's a liquid that wont get anything wet, you can drop a cellphone, and LCD screen could be put inside it and nothing will get damaged, the liquid evaporates fast and doesn't conduct electricity. they are starting to use it as a fire extinguisher as it would put out fires so fast by taking out the heat, which is one of the stuff needed to make fire

and here's a picture of what it looks like
    [​IMG]

maybe you've heard of that thing but i it's new for me and thought i'd share it just in case you didn't know :D

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Almost a year old now, where you been?

Saw it on TechTV ages ago, they dropped a notebook in it, very spiffy stuff :)

3. oh well still new to me :D

4. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

Just fill your case full of it and whack a fan to circulate the stuffround.. great idea, until you needed to change a piece of hardware :)

5. haha great idea man i wanna try that

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Nooooooo you don't. Your computer would die instantly.

7. it would?? how come i thought that liquid was non conductant

8. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

Heh, I think one of the funniest articles i read was about a bloke thatwater sealed his case - filled it with water then turned it on.. andblamed it on the fact that techies hadn't explained what water coolingwas - had pics and stuff...

Think it turned out to be a fake but was funny anyways :)

9. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

lol...i remember that :p

10. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

the reason this stuff was created was because most damage from fires is actually caused by the water the firemen use to put the fire out. so now when you put the fire out the things being saved inside from fire aren't destroyed by the water.

11. yea that's what they said on tv and that thing is quicker than water too in stopping fires

12. Kush

Kush High On Life!

what happens when u drink it haha... comes straight out! does anyone have a link to that vid?

13. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

me - I prefer Halon - but I have seen this stuff and it will no doubt have a use where you do not want to kill people.....

14. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Yep, seen it before. Very cool stuff. :)

15. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Actually, most damage from fires is caused by the smoke. Water damage is limited around the area where the flames are and some run off. The smoke ruins everything in the house, contaminates the insulation in the walls, discolors all the paint and generally can't be removed. I've worked on 30 year old houses when I was a slum lord and the evidence of smoke damage was still there and causing problems.

The second largest cause of damage from fires is the firemen. They smash out all the windows and cut holes in the roof and floors to let the smoke out.

Don't believe me? Smoke and the firemen did $80k dollars worth of damage to his house just because a scented candle set his boom box on fire in the basement. The only place that got wet was the concrete floor in the basement. He'd have come out better is he'd thrown gasoline on the fire instead of calling the fire department.

16. if you drink it then you wont be the hottest person alive anymore

17. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Start a fire and wait 30 seconds.. thats how long it'd take the halon/inergen gas to extinguise any oxygen breathing stuff in the coreix server room :D